Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 237 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another list

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I totally agree, with the St Peter's beers it's well worth a visit, but you wouldn't go to most of the others that I know for the beer.
    I can't believe there isn't more than one killer pub in Scotland. I thought the Clachaig Inn at Glencoe was pretty good but that was over 40 years ago.
    There are some decent pubs in Aberdeen, although I haven't been now for a number of years. My brother-in-law still lives there and I get some updates from him. Under the Hammer is very good. As is Blackfriars and the Mariners, although trying to talk to a drunken man who has a broad Scottish accent and no teeth, was a very interesting experience! There are plenty of others.
    I'll just stay till we've won the quiz...Or taken over the world...Whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by General Staal View Post
    There are some decent pubs in Aberdeen, although I haven't been now for a number of years. My brother-in-law still lives there and I get some updates from him. Under the Hammer is very good. As is Blackfriars and the Mariners, although trying to talk to a drunken man who has a broad Scottish accent and no teeth, was a very interesting experience! There are plenty of others.
    I've never drank in Aberdeen, Perth or Dundee. I've been to one pub in Glasgow and a few in both Inverness and Edinburgh. I couldn't tell you what any of them were, but I still find it unbelievable that none of the Scottish towns and cities don't have at least one killer pub. Quite a few of the pubs that I've been to on that list are nothing more than tourist traps, and I suspect that some I haven't been to are as well.

1. The Spaniards Inn, London
    2. The Cherub Inn, Dartmouth
    4. The Nutshell, Bury St Edmunds (Pre PuG days)
    6. The Feathers Hotel, Ludlow (actually stayed there but again pre PuG days)
    8. The Jerusalem Tavern, London
    11. The Britons Protection, Manchester
    12. Bridge Inn, Topsham, Devon (but again pre PuG days)
    14. Haunch of Venison, Salisbury
    16. Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem, Nottingham
    18. The Eagle and Child, Oxford
    20. Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, London
    24. The Dove in Hammersmith

So almost up to half way.. A decent showing for a change..
    And I wont forget the Eagle abd Child as that is where I sat next to a bunch of Tolkienites who gave me hope that there are bigger saddos out there than us pub tickers.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Another one in today's Times: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/f...ard-2014_06_20

I score 0/10

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Another one in today's Times: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/f...ard-2014_06_20

I score 0/10
    Me too:wont put money into Murdoch's pocket.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

It says I have to pay £1 to read the full article but I have been to the one I could see, the Godolphin Arms Marazion. We went there for a beer festival in 2012. There were rumours this year it was to be developed for apartments, but it is still there and open.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    It says I have to pay £1 to read the full article but I have been to the one I could see, the Godolphin Arms Marazion. We went there for a beer festival in 2012. There were rumours this year it was to be developed for apartments, but it is still there and open.
    The attractive picture is of the Bell Inn at Skenfrith - not been there either!

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    The attractive picture is of the Bell Inn at Skenfrith - not been there either!
    I've never heard of Skenfrith!!
    No wonder Murdoch hates the BBC if he's trying to con people into paying for online "news".

This Space For Hire

Not being able to see the list but finding this article http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/best-su...ail/story.html I've at least been in 3 although there appears to be an amalgamation of lists possibly.

The Kensington Arms
    The Pony & Trap
    The Hare & Hounds Hotel
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 22-06-2014 at 12:54.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post

I score 0/10
    I haven't been to the two I can see on the Times page (no money for Rupert from me either) or the three in the Bristol Post. Who thought "Pony & Trap" was a good name for a pub? Of course, I've been to a few that were a load of pony.