Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: My reasons for removing a photo that I posted.

Default My reasons for removing a photo that I posted.

At the risk of being banished from Pubs Galore, I would like to explain my reasons for deleting a photo that I added to The Old Vine in Winchester.
    I have just discovered that this pub has recently been in the news, for refusing to accept a customer's cash payment. I feel very strongly about the UK heading towards a cashless society, and I do not wish to promote any buisness that only accepts payment by card. I realise that in the grand scheme of things, my opinion matters very little, but I have to express the way I feel about this issue.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tes-round.html
    Last edited by Lady Grey; Yesterday at 21:38.

The Old Vine

I can appreciate that you want to express your feelings about this. The vast majority of the pubs I've been in accept both cash and contactless payments, and I feel that's the better way to go. Inconveniencing customers is never a good idea, but of course we cannot know exactly what it's like from the point of view of the pub operator. It's hard to imagine that one or the other or both actually makes enough of a difference to justify losing custom and suffering bad publicity.

Deleting your own photo may assuage your feelings somewhat, but there is nothing there to show that your photo was ever there.
    Wouldn't it be better to put a brief note in the review box, possibly with a link to any online news source regarding what happened?

Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    The Old Vine

I can appreciate that you want to express your feelings about this. The vast majority of the pubs I've been in accept both cash and contactless payments, and I feel that's the better way to go. Inconveniencing customers is never a good idea, but of course we cannot know exactly what it's like from the point of view of the pub operator. It's hard to imagine that one or the other or both actually makes enough of a difference to justify losing custom and suffering bad publicity.

Deleting your own photo may assuage your feelings somewhat, but there is nothing there to show that your photo was ever there.
    Wouldn't it be better to put a brief note in the review box, possibly with a link to any online news source regarding what happened?

Thank you for your reply. I will do as you suggest.