Ads not shown when logged in
Page 181 of 237 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2361

Thread: Yet another list

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    From The Grauniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...ce-beer-garden

Rather embarrassingly, only four definitely visited (Cover Bridge Inn, Aysgarth Falls Hotel, Lister Arms, Fountaine Inn), although I have vague memories of the Craven Arms and Falcon Inn. For me, the Red Lion is a classic example of a pub I always intend to visit , but invariably pass on the way to somewhere else!
    None for me but I do intend to navigate up the Calder Valley in late June to Summit before descending down into Lancashire.I'm expecting tip top ale on both sides of the Pennines
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    None for me but I do intend to navigate up the Calder Valley in late June to Summit before descending down into Lancashire.I'm expecting tip top ale on both sides of the Pennines
    Tell us when you're coming BF and we'll arrange a meet up somewhere.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

From The Grauniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...ce-beer-garden

Rather embarrassingly, only four definitely visited (Cover Bridge Inn, Aysgarth Falls Hotel, Lister Arms, Fountaine Inn), although I have vague memories of the Craven Arms and Falcon Inn. For me, the Red Lion is a classic example of a pub I always intend to visit , but invariably pass on the way to somewhere else!
    Some gorgeous-looking pubs in beautiful locations. From the websites though, one or two of these look seriously over gastrofied; according to its website, https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55335/ was the original Woolpack from Emmerdale Farm, as it was known then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Some gorgeous-looking pubs in beautiful locations. From the websites though, one or two of these look seriously over gastrofied; according to its website, https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55335/ was the original Woolpack from Emmerdale Farm, as it was known then.
    It's generally held that this one was the original with Amos Brearley and Mr Wilkes, before they moved the sets to a purpose built village on the Harewood estate. As the programme was made by Yorkshire TV in Leeds (interiors filmed in their studio next to Kirkstall Brewery), Esholt makes more sense as it's easier to get lots of gear and support vehicles to, however it's all good marketing true or not. Fun fact; Hotton is Otley, best drinking town in West Yorkshire.

Most Dales pubs are gastrofied it's the only way to survive, honourable exceptions are the rough ones in towns plus rural oddities such as https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/58503/ and https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/68290/ but very few others.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    A rather Wharfedale oriented selection, sticking mostly to Wensleydale and Swaledale means just three for me. I had a cunning plan for the George & Dragon but the plague stopped that.
    Bull
    Coverbridge
    Fountaine
    Does that mean you've sat in the beer garden of those three? Or just had a drink at the pub some time?

If the former, I think there's only the Fountaine at Linton I can be almost certain to have sat outdoors with a beer. By the other criterion, however, I've had a beer at all except the Bull at West Tanfield, which I haven't even cycled past to take a photo.
    Come On You Hatters!

I shall embarrass myself by saying zero (only having a loose idea about where the Yorkshire Dales may be found)...

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    (only having a loose idea about where the Yorkshire Dales may be found)...
    It's about time you did a bit of exploration, then. It's only a staycation for me and the other northerners, but it counts as a foreign holiday for you, without the quarantine.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Does that mean you've sat in the beer garden of those three? Or just had a drink at the pub some time?

If the former, I think there's only the Fountaine at Linton I can be almost certain to have sat outdoors with a beer. By the other criterion, however, I've had a beer at all except the Bull at West Tanfield, which I haven't even cycled past to take a photo.
    I detest outdoor drinking most of the time, so inside drinks at those three with no visits to any of the others although I've been past most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    It's about time you did a bit of exploration, then. It's only a staycation for me and the other northerners, but it counts as a foreign holiday for you, without the quarantine.
    Do I need a passport?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    It's generally held that this one was the original with Amos Brearley and Mr Wilkes, before they moved the sets to a purpose built village on the Harewood estate.

Most Dales pubs are gastrofied it's the only way to survive,
    Perhaps it had to be rebuilt in set as a result of it being destroyed by the plane crash?

I don't really mind if pubs get gastrofied, but it's depressing when entering a pub to be confronted with nothing but 'reserved' signs and tables laid with cutlery and glasses, like The Perch Inn. Hipsterfied pubs are worse, when all heritage items are removed, the place seemingly modelled on the Lloyd's Building.