Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Yet another list

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Quite a few that I'll need to add to my post-lockdown to do list - I've been to 12, including Canny Mans, an excellent pub which is now bridling at your "token inclusons" gibe. Also in Edinburgh, The Cafe Royal, Guildford and Abbotsford would not be at all out of place on this list. Agree that it wouldn't have hurt to have cast their net a little wider.
    I still have The Canny Mans Xmas message from 1996 or 1997 neatly folded away in a box somewhere.

It's very funny and basically tells you why you won't be getting served over the Xmas holidays (tinsel hatted idiots).

Why his prices will be going up 20p per pint for the duration of the holidays (I have to work when you're on holiday, so I'll make it worth my while).

And many other gems. I'd be surprised if the guvnor that I knew is still around as he was getting on a bit then.

It's "real" name is The Volunteer Arms although I've never heard anyone call it that.

Morningside is a bit of a sod to get to from the city, especially if you're living in Dean Village as I was at the time, but it's worth it.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 20-11-2020 at 14:46.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas