Ads not shown when logged in
Page 176 of 237 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2361

Thread: Yet another list

Nada

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Princess of Wales,Cricketers and Blue Moon,although the latter is a strange selection as it's more a case of a converted car park.However it's very alternative.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 02-04-2021 at 12:35.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Princess of Wales,Cricketers and Blue Moon,although the latter is a strange selection as it's more a case of a converted car park.However it's very alternative.
    The Isis Farmhouse surely has a mooring outside with your name written on it?

This Space For Hire

Bearing in mind the many excellent beer gardens and other outdoor spaces I have encountered, this is a pretty pathetic and random list. Just the Princess of Wales for me; also photographed the Blue Moon but it was shut.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Cricketers and Isis Farmhouse for me, although there are probably hundreds of country pubs that have gardens with fantastic views (herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically, etc.) that are equally as impressive.
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Often walked past en route from Cambridge Blue to Tram Depot but never been tempted to go in, always a group of ne'er-do-wells making the prospect uninviting and I suspected it to be a lager-zone.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    The Isis Farmhouse surely has a mooring outside with your name written on it?
    Strangely never stopped there,probably too near the canal moorings in Jericho (and the great pubs near there ) to justify the diversion.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Just the Glasgow one for me, although it was dark and snowing when I visited, so enjoying the riverside terrace was pretty low on my list of priorities!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Bearing in mind the many excellent beer gardens and other outdoor spaces I have encountered, this is a pretty pathetic and random list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    Cricketers and Isis Farmhouse for me, although there are probably hundreds of country pubs that have gardens with fantastic views (herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically, etc.) that are equally as impressive.
    Yup. Pretty random and little research done when considering that if someone wants a riverside view in Oxford, then the beer garden at The Trout Inn is far superior. Not been for 25 years so I don't know if the peacocks are still there, but the first review paints a picture of it being a bit 'Harvester', which is how I remember it. So a great garden, rubbish pub. Likewise The Head of the River whilst a bit concrety, makes for a great location. And The Victoria Arms, but again, not visited for 26 years...

Strangely never stopped there,probably too near the canal moorings in Jericho (and the great pubs near there ) to justify the diversion.
    Yup. Some of Jericho's pubs are a real pull.
    Last edited by Tris39; 03-04-2021 at 18:18.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...n-readers-tips

Slightly misleading title, as it's not been rigorously researched by journalists from London, merely suggested by readers - and how would they know which are the 10 best pub gardens?

I've only been to one of these pubs - The Cricketers in Redbourn, not far from where I lived in Hemel Hempstead, but this was nearly 50 years ago, so no review on Pubs Galore, sorry.
    1 - The Blue Moon.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.