Ads not shown when logged in
Page 194 of 237 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2361

Thread: Yet another list

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Really? I just cannot see that.
    I did ponder the Bluecoats pre-City match though the Antwerp would have been preferred had we travelled the challenging route up from Seven Sisters.
    In the end I was quite happy to use the link to Northumberland Park and walk to the Redemption Brewery, where the beers were a very decent £3.60 cask (incl Big Chief) and £4.00 keg. I didn't drink enough of either to suffer that game. Can't envisage that I will ever be attending a 'Tottenham Crawl' though...
    I was using "Tottenham" in a rather loose sence to describe quite a large area all easily accessable for me by Overground train.The rough plan,would be to visit Antwerp Arms and Bluecoats (and thanks to Komakino) possibly The Corner Pin from White Hart Lane,then drift down towards Bruce Grove for The High Cross ,then Beehive before sloping over to True Craft in Seven Sisters. Some more walking to tick off the Tottenham Hale brewery taps (Beavertown,Pressure Drop,Ora Brewing) before finishing off at your suggestion of The Redemption Tap at Northumberland Park.

Then an unsteady train back to Hertford !

Certainly not on a Spurs matchday.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Fair enough, but beware that Redemption only open on Spurs match days, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Fair enough, but beware that Redemption only open on Spurs match days, I think...
    In which case my crawl ends of Tottenham Hale,thanks for heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I was using "Tottenham" in a rather loose sence to describe quite a large area all easily accessable for me by Overground train.The rough plan,would be to visit Antwerp Arms and Bluecoats (and thanks to Komakino) possibly The Corner Pin from White Hart Lane,then drift down towards Bruce Grove for The High Cross ,then Beehive before sloping over to True Craft in Seven Sisters. Some more walking to tick off the Tottenham Hale brewery taps (Beavertown,Pressure Drop,Ora Brewing) before finishing off at your suggestion of The Redemption Tap at Northumberland Park.

Then an unsteady train back to Hertford !

Certainly not on a Spurs matchday.
    I did this crawl (albeit in a different order and minus the Corner Pin & Redemption Tap) on a match day three or four months before lockdown. Only two pubs were exceptionally busy - the High Cross, which is tiny, and the Antwerp Arms which I visited straight after the match had finished. Otherwise, it was surprisingly easy to get a seat and I'd say the crawl would be doable on a matchday if you visited the ones closer to the stadium whilst the match was in progress. If you don't go on a matchday, you will have to skip the Redemption Tap which, as TM points out, only opens when there is a game on.

I thought it was a pretty good crawl, all the more so when you consider what a desert this area was for good beer not all that long ago. You do need to be prepared to drink a lot of keg beer on a lot of different industrial estates though, which I got a bit fed up with towards the end of the day. Another possible inclusion for the crawl would be the One Mile End Bar & Brewery, which is very close to the Redemption Tap, although it's unclear if they have yet to reopen following lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    I did this crawl (albeit in a different order and minus the Corner Pin & Redemption Tap) on a match day three or four months before lockdown. Only two pubs were exceptionally busy - the High Cross, which is tiny, and the Antwerp Arms which I visited straight after the match had finished. Otherwise, it was surprisingly easy to get a seat and I'd say the crawl would be doable on a matchday if you visited the ones closer to the stadium whilst the match was in progress. If you don't go on a matchday, you will have to skip the Redemption Tap which, as TM points out, only opens when there is a game on.

I thought it was a pretty good crawl, all the more so when you consider what a desert this area was for good beer not all that long ago. You do need to be prepared to drink a lot of keg beer on a lot of different industrial estates though, which I got a bit fed up with towards the end of the day. Another possible inclusion for the crawl would be the One Mile End Bar & Brewery, which is very close to the Redemption Tap, although it's unclear if they have yet to reopen following lockdown.
    Thanks for those thoughts,and I agree that there is such a thing as too much keg.Your original reviews of your crawl made it onto my list of pubs to be visited,so thanks also for the research.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    None for me ,reminds me I really must visit Edinburgh one of these days.

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Just the Bow Bar. I tried to visit the Guildford twice but it was just too busy when I was there. Leslies Bar and Captains Bar were my favourites as I remember. Must get back to Edinburgh ASAP.

I'll stay on me own

I was hoping to have done a few more of these having been up to Edinburgh several times with work. Unfortunately it's just the Bow Bar and the Guildford Arms though. To be fair, hardly any of them are central with quite a lot being out in Leith by the looks of it. That was going to be one of my next areas to explore had we not started working from home. Whether travel for work will ever recover to what it was looks unlikely.

This Space For Hire

Was getting depressed then saved by 3 near the end! Mind you, I haven't done a serious crawl round Edinburgh for many years. Another one added to the list...
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement