Ads not shown when logged in
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

The annual booze cruise is happening shortly and if any PuGers are around in the following places on the following evenings it would be good to meet up.The usual crew will start drinking around 6pm,possibly earlier so please PM me if you fancy a few pints and/or a curry afterwards. Due to age we will not be stopping at lunchtime

Wednesday 21st June -- Stone
    Thursday 22nd -- Stafford
    Friday 23rd -- Wolverhampton
    Saturday 24th -- Stourbridge
    Sunday 25th -- Kidderminster
    Monday 26th -- Worcester
    Tuesday 27th -- Bromsgrove
    Wednesday 28th --central Birmingham

Trent & Mersey,Staffs & Worcs,River Severn and the Worcs & Brum means an interesting route,with the occasional use of taxis to seek out interesting ale.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Some fine drinking establishments along that route BF. Just to note, the excellent Plough in Worcester (best pub in Worcester IMO) opens 12-6pm on Mondays, so you may have to start a little earlier as it really shouldn't be missed.
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Some fine drinking establishments along that route BF. Just to note, the excellent Plough in Worcester (best pub in Worcester IMO) opens 12-6pm on Mondays, so you may have to start a little earlier as it really shouldn't be missed.
    That's really helpful,I will get the crew up earlier that morning and hope there is no mutiny !

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Friday 23rd -- Wolverhampton
    Saturday 24th -- Stourbridge
    Not sure which route you will be taking, but do you plan to transit Netherton Tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Not sure which route you will be taking, but do you plan to transit Netherton Tunnel?
    No not this time sadly.I will moor on the Staffs & Worcs in Compton and then take an Uber into Wolverhampton. Next day heading south from Compton on the S&W down to Stewpony then up the Stourbridge Canal to the end of the arm by the Bonded Warehouse.

This Space For Hire

Plan today was to visit the new Talking Tides brewtap in Longbeck nr Redcar. But the weather is much poorer nearer the coast with this nagging easterly! So it's a BBQ in Stockton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    An Impressive plan, It'll be a shame if you fall short of the Black Friar, definitely worth the look.
    Quite a day in the field yesterday and everything went pretty much to plan!

First stop was The Surrey Docks (JD Wetherspoon) at 9.45. Over to Wapping for The Prospect of Whitby and Turners Old Star.

Then up to Hampstead for The Holly Bush and Spaniards Inn.

Then down to The Shakespeare's Head (JD Wetherspoon) for lunch and on to Cittie of Yorke, The Seven Stars, Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, The Old Bell and Punch Tavern before ending at The Black Friar.

Back to Marylebone where train cancelations gave us time for Thornbury Castle and The Victoria & Albert.

Hellish journey back - stood for the whole 2 hours in a doorway on a packed train which was hotter than the surface of the sun! A quick one in North Taproom: Snow Hill before my train home.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Quite a day in the field yesterday and everything went pretty much to plan!

First stop was The Surrey Docks (JD Wetherspoon) at 9.45. Over to Wapping for The Prospect of Whitby and Turners Old Star.

Then up to Hampstead for The Holly Bush and Spaniards Inn.

Then down to The Shakespeare's Head (JD Wetherspoon) for lunch and on to Cittie of Yorke, The Seven Stars, Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, The Old Bell and Punch Tavern before ending at The Black Friar.

Back to Marylebone where train cancelations gave us time for Thornbury Castle and The Victoria & Albert.

Hellish journey back - stood for the whole 2 hours in a doorway on a packed train which was hotter than the surface of the sun! A quick one in North Taproom: Snow Hill before my train home.
    Sounds like a very succesful trip pubwise. I too had train problems yesterday back from London, three and a half hours from Deptford to Basingstoke (a station too far ) when I should have been home by 7 in the evening it was after 10 having to ring up a friend to pick me up for the final six miles, a compensation claim is on It's way.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

What would ITKs here suggest as Reading's top 6 currently? I guess Quinno and Moby would be most up-to-date on this. One of the Spanish boys in our Anglo-Espana Ale Society is here tomorrow. Cheers guys!
    For info, in no order, I had Nags (obvs!), Fox+Hounds, Alehouse, Hop Leaf, Greyfriar, Retreat and reserves of Butler, Oakford Social, Zerodegrees

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    What would ITKs here suggest as Reading's top 6 currently? I guess Quinno and Moby would be most up-to-date on this. One of the Spanish boys in our Anglo-Espana Ale Society is here tomorrow. Cheers guys!
    For info, in no order, I had Nags (obvs!), Fox+Hounds, Alehouse, Hop Leaf, Greyfriar, Retreat and reserves of Butler, Oakford Social, Zerodegrees
    Not been in your reserves or Retreat this year so can't judge them, Nags,Alehouse and Fox and hounds are top 3 for me, Greyfriar ok a couple of months ago. Maybe Castle Tap worth a look.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields