Ads not shown when logged in
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Took a little trip around town yesterday.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Unusual radio silence with no postings visible yesterday, I'll add this as something of a test (that nothing is amiss)... Weather: 80-90% rain/showers for 100% of the day. Prediction: 100% chance of becoming ver ver drunk...
    Receiving you loud and clear, Jim. Hope you have a great day out in the East Midlands.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Weather: 80-90% rain/showers for 100% of the day. Prediction: 100% chance of becoming ver ver drunk...
    Or 100% chance of getting ver ver wet if you haven't booked and can't get in.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Took a little trip around town yesterday.
    That looks like a quality trip
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Unusual radio silence with no postings visible yesterday, I'll add this as something of a test (that nothing is amiss)...
    No train deals but travelling regardless tomorrow to meet some East Midlands boys for a spin around Beeston's finest, Crown, Vic, Hop Pole, Star will certainly be included, and some jokers or double-jokers played along the way. Weather: 80-90% rain/showers for 100% of the day. Prediction: 100% chance of becoming ver ver drunk...
    Must have been close to bumping into you today.I've left the boat in Beeston and then got the 11.31 back to my car in Loughborough .Too early to stop for a pint and not advisable as I had to drive down a rain sodden M1. Hope you have a great day,Nottingham last night was terrific .
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    That looks like a quality trip
    Very pleasant, with a few rough edges.
    -W.C.Fields

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

A fine day with time, as usual, running away from us, just 5 venues with Totally Tapped missing out, so Crown (2.5pts, for me), Star (2), Hop Pole (1), Chilwell 'Garage' (1), Victoria (2), along with my pint before the off at the Barrel Vault this left me a half short of double figures. Maybe it's a good thing that the lack of bar access precludes easy walk-up 'in-betweenies' as I found, on waking today, that I must have had plenty as it was, thank you.

Chilwell Garage was an oddball, and not listed here, or as the Ruin Bar, but the guys wanted it on-map as they did off-sales supporting local breweries during lock-downs, so deserved support, large site that one could easily imagine being rave-worthy in different times, though not for me, obvs!

The Crown is a delight, beer list attached, something us saarf london dwellers can only dream of - hear the grumbled mutterings of 'you don't know you're born' - but why were we sat outside in the covered but windy added structure, instead of appreciating the style and warmth of the pub itself? There's no teaching these woodsmen types...

crown.jpg

A fine day with time, as usual, running away from us, just 5 venues with Totally Tapped missing out, so Crown (2.5pts, for me), Star (2), Hop Pole (1), Chilwell 'Garage' (1), Victoria (2), along with my pint before the off at the Barrel Vault this left me a half short of double figures. Maybe it's a good thing that the lack of bar access precludes easy walk-up 'in-betweenies' as I found, on waking today, that I must have had plenty as it was, thank you.

Chilwell Garage was an oddball, and not listed here, or as the Ruin Bar, but the guys wanted it on-map as they did off-sales supporting local breweries during lock-downs, so deserved support, large site that one could easily imagine being rave-worthy in different times, though not for me, obvs!

The Crown is a delight, beer list attached, something us saarf london dwellers can only dream of - hear the grumbled mutterings of 'you don't know you're born' - but why were we sat outside in the covered but windy added structure, instead of appreciating the style and warmth of the pub itself? There's no teaching these woodsmen types...

crown.jpg
    That's the longest beer list I've seen since reopening - my regular haunts, such as Sheffield Tap, Blake Hotel, Fat Cat are just stocking four or five cask ales. The Cutlers in Rotherham is the tap for Chantry Brewery, but instead of the usual full range has also only had five on. The Crow Inn on the other hand had four hand pulls but masses of keg beers on the go.

Looks like you had a good day out, but you don't mention whether you missed your train, so we'll assume you did.
    Come On You Hatters!

Real Ale Drinker

A couple of journeys on the cards just to get back into the groove of travelling. Firstly Shrewsbury then the rather excellent Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    A couple of journeys on the cards just to get back into the groove of travelling. Firstly Shrewsbury then the rather excellent Chorley.
    New stuff or tried and tested?
    -W.C.Fields