Ads not shown when logged in
Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    We are planning (have booked) a week in the Dales in early November, though I think we'll be lucky to make it.
    Fingers crossed but don't hold your breath.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Boating isn't under any new restrictions,as you might expect given the outdoor nature.So next few weeks heading for overnight stops in Digbeth,Preston Bagot,Stratford on Avon , Lapworth and Warwick .

Pub and curry house visits will have to be planned with military precision with table booking necessary to avoid disappointment.

A "circuit breaker" lockdown would halt proceedings making the choice of mooring location a critical decision.I'm not going to leave the boat in Digbeth during a prolonged lockdown
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    A "circuit breaker" lockdown would halt proceedings making the choice of mooring location a critical decision.I'm not going to leave the boat in Digbeth during a prolonged lockdown
    Visions of BF making nocturnal flits to reach the county line before a midnight deadline! Although frankly, I doubt anyone will be checking, unless C&RT decide to take lockdown literally...
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Visions of BF making nocturnal flits to reach the county line before a midnight deadline! Although frankly, I doubt anyone will be checking, unless C&RT decide to take lockdown literally...
    From March 23rd until June 1st there were several manned structures (some staircase locks,tidal river access locks,tunnels,boat lifts) which were closed to "leisure cruisers" and only open to "liveaboards" with prior booking and some reason for the journey.I should be OK as there on none on my autumn schedule.

Canal and River Trust are relaxed about local lockdowns right now.I just hope the pubs I'm targetting can remain open.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Does anyone know the situation in Huddersfield? A while back I booked the Travelodge 2-4-1 there for next week, but am reluctant to commit to train ticket in current circumstances - I think I saw that Sheffield and Leeds were impacted locally?
    Tbh, the enjoyment of a pub crawl is so reduced in these times that I may just let it slide anyway...

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Does anyone know the situation in Huddersfield? A while back I booked the Travelodge 2-4-1 there for next week, but am reluctant to commit to train ticket in current circumstances - I think I saw that Sheffield and Leeds were impacted locally?
    Tbh, the enjoyment of a pub crawl is so reduced in these times that I may just let it slide anyway...
    It seems like there will be an announcement early next week which is likely to include the closure of pubs and restaurants in vast swathes of the north.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    It's Kirklees so some restrictions see https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/hea...trictions.aspx

It might avoid being in Tier 3 when lockdown 2 is announced on Monday, currently it looks like everywhere in blue on this map https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54373904 will be Tier 3 and pubs and restaurants will be closed (England only).

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Fingers crossed but don't hold your breath.
    Ha!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I had just got into the swing of away days and enjoyed day trips out to Sheffield, Derby, Peterborough, Tamworth, Shrewsbury, Tamworth, Stockport, Reading and Oxford.

Was hoping to try Swindon, Worcester and Bristol November, but with the imminent lockdown, will be going to York tomorrow to get a chance of seeing my son before Christmas, as I doubt id the planned December visit will be allowed. Will enjoy York as we had to cancel a couple of trips this year, and missed the beer festival too.

Gill
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Unusual radio silence with no postings visible yesterday, I'll add this as something of a test (that nothing is amiss)...
    No train deals but travelling regardless tomorrow to meet some East Midlands boys for a spin around Beeston's finest, Crown, Vic, Hop Pole, Star will certainly be included, and some jokers or double-jokers played along the way. Weather: 80-90% rain/showers for 100% of the day. Prediction: 100% chance of becoming ver ver drunk...