Ads not shown when logged in
Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Yes I can do that, bus in, train back so should manage a 3 or 4 hour jaunt, speak nearer the time.Will TP be along?
    TP will be there along with two non PuGers .As this is the last evening of a boozy week the crew might be in a shabby state
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    TP will be there along with two non PuGers .As this is the last evening of a boozy week the crew might be in a shabby state
    Excellent, I will see if I can get Big Steve along.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

The annual booze cruise is fast approaching and if any PuGers are available to join the motley crew on the following evenings,usually starting around 6.30pm that would be great.

Friday 14th July -- Leeds
    Saturday 15th July -- Wakefield
    Sunday 16th -- Huddersfield
    Monday 17th -- Slaithwaite
    Tuesday 18th -- Marsden
    Wednesday 19th -- Stalybridge
    Thursday 20th -- Stockport
    Friday 21st -- Macclesfield

Lunchtime stops are less easy to guarentee and organise but let me know if you are anywhere enroute and something can be arranged during the day,even a spot of boating and lock working.

Could be a heavy week but what doesn't kill you,makes you stronger !

I've just realised that the place we take our puppy to for training of a Saturday morning is just down the road from Butchers Arms the onlie begetter of the micropub movement, so I'm planning to avail myself of this opportunity in the next few weeks.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

The annual booze cruise is coming up with the intrepid crew tackling the Fens.I realise that there are few contributors from East Anglia,but if anyone is planning being at the following venues on the evenings below,it would be great to meet up.Trips on the boat during the day can also be accomodated,there may even be a lunchtime stop to aid matters.

Friday July 6th -- Northampton
    Saturday July 7th -- Thrapston
    Sunday 8th -- Peterborough
    Monday 9th -- March
    Tuesday 10th -- Littleport
    Wednesday 12th -- Cambridge
    Thursday 13th -- St Ives
    Friday 14th -- Bedford

Just PM me for details.

There will also be a slow drift back along the same route later in July and into August but spread over several legs and stopping at different venues,including some places rarely visited by boats which is all part of the Silver Propeller Award.

Tomorrow evening I'll be visiting a hop farm,growing traditional, modern and experimental cultivars. There will be beer to follow.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

The annual booze cruise is fast approaching with the crew taking a north westerly course.If anyone is around in the following places on these evening,please get in touch as it's always good to meet up.Real Ale Ray and Mrs Ale will hopefully be around for the Liverpool area finish.

Friday June 28th Burslem
    Saturday June 29th Middlewich
    Sunday 30th Winsford
    Monday July 1st Stockton Heath
    Tuesday 2nd Manchester
    Wednesday 3rd Wigan
    Thursday 4th Maghull
    Friday 5th Liverpool

There maybe a few lunchtime stops but that's always more difficult to predict. Any help with navigating,lock working or swing bridge operating most welcome,please just get in contact.

I’ve booked an overnight in Carlisle for next Friday and a long weekend the following week in Nottingham but concentrating on Arnold, Hucknall and Beeston. I’ll hang fire on others in case we get another lockdown. I am still hopeful that the current restrictions in Brum are lifted a bit by November.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I’ve booked an overnight in Carlisle for next Friday and a long weekend the following week in Nottingham but concentrating on Arnold, Hucknall and Beeston. I’ll hang fire on others in case we get another lockdown. I am still hopeful that the current restrictions in Brum are lifted a bit by November.
    Yeah. But even if greater localised restrictions are lifted, we'll still be stuck with the Joy of Six with seating only, which is really going to scupper a crawl. Unless only six turn up of course...

We are planning (have booked) a week in the Dales in early November, though I think we'll be lucky to make it.