Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Took the lad to Ludlow Castle today and had an enjoyable hour in the Church(the pub that is) i had forgotten how many good looking pubs there were in Ludlow , so looks like a crawl is on the cards hopefully in the next month or so , its only 50 mins on the train from here via Shrewsbury
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

A quiet 7 days coming up. Just 3 gigs, 2 football matches (hopefully including a title clincher for Dartford and a winning Wembley appearance for Spurs), Bexley Beer Festival, 'Spoons Fest and a lesbian wedding reception. Apart from that, not much happening.

Three days working in Liverpool for me but importantly with two nights drinking (Tues/Wed). Hopefully a Nidderdale pub crawl on Saturday and pot luck Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    A quiet 7 days coming up. Just 3 gigs, 2 football matches (hopefully including a title clincher for Dartford and a winning Wembley appearance for Spurs), Bexley Beer Festival, 'Spoons Fest and a lesbian wedding reception. Apart from that, not much happening.
    and a pub quiz!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Three days working in Liverpool for me but importantly with two nights drinking (Tues/Wed).
    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    There are six possible additions, I will try to find the details and put them on.
    Old Skool 90s bar
    Cafe Sports England
    The Noble House
    The Bar, Grill & Restaurant
    The Olive Press
    62 Castle St
    I do hope that your Tues&Wed drinking slots are not going to be wasted in any of the above-mentioned establishments ob? The names alone would make me walk on by...

Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    and a pub quiz!
    Might be half a pub quiz depending on extra time / penalties / laps of honour / tube closures / train delays etc

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I do hope that your Tues&Wed drinking slots are not going to be wasted in any of the above-mentioned establishments ob? The names alone would make me walk on by...
    I walked on by (after taking their snaps).

I did go in a couple of dumps purely in the interests of research and even missed out the charms of the Ship & Mitre Tonight will be The Fly, The Belvedere, The Roscoe, maybe the Swan, the Pilgrim, the Cracke, the Dispensary all pure pleasure, the only research will be to update the Grapes and take any photos I can.

Currently plotting an end of season shindig. Last 2 games are away to Man City 5/5 (could be a biggy) and Burnley 9/5 + Mrs B' s birthday in the middle. Also, now I have av free day , looking to throw the Scottish Cup Final (Dundee Utd v Ross Co) 15/5 into the mix as it will be the best chance I'll ever have of getting to a Scottish Cup final (I've done the English and Irish Finals) + I don't really know Glasgow and never been to Hamden. So a few days in Lancs and a week in Scotland coming up, maybe.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I am still planning to go to the Isle of Man.

We have been at the airport early for 2 mornings now, so have booked the train to Liverpool and Steam packet to IOM, so should be there for 2pm.

Hotel has moved reservation from Thurs - Thurs to Sat - Sat so we are still having a week away, so should get round the pubs. Will miss out on the CAMRA AGM.

Just have to hope flight refund comes through. Flight shown as cancelled refer to Swissport. Haven't a clue what they plan to do with us. Might be troubleshooters.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

ooooh the IOM - love it, not been there for a few years now, but had many friends over there - Gill, please raise a glass to the war internees at some stage and i would be a happy soupy! have a great time.
    MILD: