Ads not shown when logged in
Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    A trip into Reading tomorrow, Nags head based but may pop down to Caversham and The Fox and Hounds plus a couple of others. And Friday into London planning to take in the inevitable Harp, then on to The Charles Lamb, Wenlock Arms, North Pole, Prince Arthur and Old Fountain. Should be a good day.
    It will be a good day............
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

The William iv in Leyton is a pub I have set off to visit at least twice but have jumped off the train in central London as its a long journey about 11/2 hrs if I am lucky.Am going again sat as they have 7 new ipa,s from 6.30 onwards.Probably bus to the PemburythenCock tav,.Jump on a train to Southampton arms then bus to Bull at Highgate plus a ew others Wrestler,Mcspoons and the new craft bar on Highate hill think its called the Kings head.Thats the plan anyway.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    The William iv in Leyton is a pub I have set off to visit at least twice but have jumped off the train in central London as its a long journey about 11/2 hrs if I am lucky.Am going again sat as they have 7 new ipa,s from 6.30 onwards.Probably bus to the PemburythenCock tav,.Jump on a train to Southampton arms then bus to Bull at Highgate plus a ew others Wrestler,Mcspoons and the new craft bar on Highate hill think its called the Kings head.Thats the plan anyway.
    The ipa,s loosely based on the colours of the rainbow are from
    buxton
    brodies
    kernel
    magic rock
    siren
    hawkshead
    cask or keg ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    It will be a good day............
    It was but changed the route,
    Harp,Old Fountain,Wenlock Arms,Charles Lamb,Queens Head, Gunmakers Arms, Craft Pub Co.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

This weekend: Dark Star Hopfest in Partridge Green (official launch of this year's Green Hop IPA).
    Weekend after: Snowdrop Inn, Lewes, for the Great Beer Expo, curated once again by Mark Tranter, who will be launching his new Burning Sky Brewery.

Promises to be hoppy. Promises to be tricky getting home after!
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Our next big trip out is to Leek for a week. There are some decent pubs there I think, and will check to see if there is anywhere we can bus out to and sample some pubs in a new area.

From Leek the caravan moves to Arnold for a few days so we will be at Nottingham beer festival Thursday and Friday. Decided to miss Saturday and visit some pubs instead.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    This weekend: Dark Star Hopfest in Partridge Green (official launch of this year's Green Hop IPA).
    Weekend after: Snowdrop Inn, Lewes, for the Great Beer Expo, curated once again by Mark Tranter, who will be launching his new Burning Sky Brewery.
    Forgot to mention that, before any of this, I've got a trip to Birmingham (thanks Chiltern Railways!). Probably take a look at this fancy new library they've just opened, and there seem to be a few canals thereabouts too. Do any of the locals have any pub recommendations for that part of town? Shakespeare looks like one to go for, but where next (or before)?
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Planning a trip to the Black Country Museum this weekend so should finally get to try out the Bottle & Glass.

Also may have an evening out in Birmingham in which case I'm planning to try to make it to The Prince of Wales to claim my free pint from Punch.

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Our next big trip out is to Leek for a week. There are some decent pubs there I think, and will check to see if there is anywhere we can bus out to and sample some pubs in a new area.

From Leek the caravan moves to Arnold for a few days so we will be at Nottingham beer festival Thursday and Friday. Decided to miss Saturday and visit some pubs instead.
    Hi Gill

When you're in Leek, you have to visit the Roebuck Hotel (Titanic tap) Wilkes Head and Cock Inn (Joules beers). Also, a very important must-do, is to take Ray to the fab bakery on the corner of Derby Street, Lawton's Famous Pies, 70 Derby Street, on the same side as the Roebuck. The homemade pies are out of this world - I recommend meat and potato! You can also sit in and have your pie, chips and gravy. Also, they make everything there from scratch. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Real Ale Ray; 24-09-2013 at 19:20.

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    Forgot to mention that, before any of this, I've got a trip to Birmingham (thanks Chiltern Railways!). Probably take a look at this fancy new library they've just opened, and there seem to be a few canals thereabouts too. Do any of the locals have any pub recommendations for that part of town? Shakespeare looks like one to go for, but where next (or before)?
    Paul, if you can make it to this one The Craven Arms it's owned by Black Country Ales, very comfy, traditional and source some great beers. It's about a 10 minute walk from the station and is down the side of the Mailbox. I haven't done an update on this pub, it's been refurbished, but I'd highly recommend it.