Ads not shown when logged in
Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Thanks Oggwyn, comment about the White Horse duly noted and 'on map'...
    Thank you gentlemen, good weekend in Oxford was had, helped by the fact that it was the hottest weekend of the year so far so managed to drag the missus into a few beer gardens.

White Horse was definitely up there and the wife enjoyed the difference of the Turf Tavern.

I also enjoyed the Eagle and Child, which had the added bonus of being a good reality check and realisation that we're not the only nutters out there.
    It was very busy yesterday with a large party all wearing badges pertaining to be part of the 'Return of the Ring fellowship'.
    Basically a right odd assortment on a Tolkien trail, who seemed to be getting excited about the post lunch trip north to where he was buried.
    They should be thankful that the old boy had the sense to drink in a half decent boozer that has avoided the clutches of GK.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Thank you gentlemen, good weekend in Oxford was had, helped by the fact that it was the hottest weekend of the year so far so managed to drag the missus into a few beer gardens.

White Horse was definitely up there and the wife enjoyed the difference of the Turf Tavern.

I also enjoyed the Eagle and Child, which had the added bonus of being a good reality check and realisation that we're not the only nutters out there.
    It was very busy yesterday with a large party all wearing badges pertaining to be part of the 'Return of the Ring fellowship'.
    Basically a right odd assortment on a Tolkien trail, who seemed to be getting excited about the post lunch trip north to where he was buried.
    They should be thankful that the old boy had the sense to drink in a half decent boozer that has avoided the clutches of GK.
    Glad you enjoyed Oxford Gann, I enjoyed my trip there,I will make sure I don't forget The White Horse next time.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Monday,Wednesday or Thursday of that week would suit me fine,plus the steers from Roger and Quinno.
    Oh, right..... Wednesday or Thursday are more likely than Monday. Shall we say Thursday 13th September then?
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    Oh, right..... Wednesday or Thursday are more likely than Monday. Shall we say Thursday 13th September then?
    That's in my diary,looking forward to it.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Sadly progress on The Cambridge Tap has been much delayed.
    from the world of twitter
    "About 500m from station. New build but it's a craft beer bar not a pub so will suit. Very interesting fit out coming up"
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CambridgeTap1
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Going to Peterborough for the festival. We booked the site in advance hoping for a full day Thursday and Friday, but found out that they have changed things and we will only get 12 - 2.30 Thursday this year. If we queue half hour then struggle to find seats like last year (but it was all day Thursday last year) then we we have very little drinking time left as we don't tend to do evening sessions. Too noisy.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Default Faversham hop festival

1 September, Faversham Hop Fest: anyone else going? My first festival in Kent for a couple of years due to work committments.
    Last edited by ETA; 28-08-2012 at 09:05.

Todmorden Beer Festival is 20th - 22nd September this year. We'll be there on Saturday 22nd from about 1.

OB, A&H are you likely to be joining us again this year?
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Todmorden Beer Festival is 20th - 22nd September this year. We'll be there on Saturday 22nd from about 1.

I noticed it was coming up and all being well I should get there, I'm off to the York one on the 20th so I should have recovered by Saturday

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Good to see you back ROB. Will almost certainly make it. Mrs A&H enjoyed herself last year, so hopefully she'll tag along.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.