Ads not shown when logged in
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I have discovered some wonderful mining trails and there is usually a pub around the start and / or finish of them.

Saturday I did Chacewater to Wheal Busy, then walked the trail to Portreath calling in the Bridge Inn (Coastal Poseidon )at Bridge on the way,

Yesterday started out at Devoran picking up a beer (Otter Bitter )at the start in the Old Quay, then walked back to where Saturday's walk started then popped into the Britannia Hotel in Chacewater for a few Tintagel beers (Harbour Special and Castle Gold).

Today I caught a bus to Bridge and walked back to Cambrose to get onto the mining trail I had missed on Saturday. I ended up walking the road, so wanted to do the actual trail down to Portreath. Found the Portreath Arms Hotel for a welcome Sharps Special then found the 5.5 mile trail to Brea. Disaster - the Brea pub was closed for good by the looks of it, so I went to the Tuckingmill Hotel on the main road for a quick one before catching the bus back to the site. Brains Le Peloton was on there and very welcome.

I have an excellent cycle and walking map of some more of these trails in the area, so will be doing them in the nextr couple of weeks before leaving Cornwall. Pub reports and photos to follow.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

I'm off to Weymouth on Monday for a family holiday. Hoping to slip away every now and again to sample some pubs of the area.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

7 Aug - GBBF
    15 Aug - Chertsey to do Egham fest
    22 Aug - Ferry Meadows to do Peterborough fest
    25 Aug - Ferryhill to do Durham fest
    6 Sept - Tamworth fest
    7 Sept - Minehead for Minehead fest
    20 Sept - Belgium

Well after 9 weeks in Cornwall I'm ready for a bit of festival action.

Planning to do a few old favourite pubs in London on Monday or Tuesday next week with a couple of mates, likely around Holborn,Farringdon and possibly the City,and of course a visit to The Harp
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 07-08-2012 at 20:19.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

We did a crawl round Leicester yesterday, and from the rail station made our way for noon opening at a new Black Country Ales pub.

Kings Head on New Walk opposite The Pub where we had Lincoln Green Torch Light and Broughs Spring Field. They had 4 Black Country Ales and 4 guests on.

Over to The Pub, where we had an excellent bagette and chips with our beer of choice, Welbeck Abbey Slovak Paradise and Newmans Exuberant Horse.

Slug and Lettuce not a usual for us, but had heard good reports of this Leicester one as they have fests there, so tried it, and found Llangorse Maid Horsin' Around, and Broughton Dark Dunter.

Long Stop was next and is one of the good ones. They seem to showcase a brewery at a time, and yesterday it was Hopping Mad Brewery. We chose Liberty American Pale Ale and Hoppiness.

Salmon next. This to us is the best in Leicester now, and we will be back there on 27 Sept for their new brewery beer festival. Had Eden Gold, XT5, Bowness Bay Tern Mild, Alechemy 5ive Sisters, Fox Kanook. Wow. Landlord is a goodun and does cellar runs if not too busy.

Criterion next for Abbeydale Larceny, Flipside On Your Marks and Gundog Golden Hunter.

Brilliant day out, and to me it is better than Derby IMHO as there is more ale variation as it is not full of brewpubs.

Have fun.

Gill

Got the day off ,was going to GBBF but have decided to give it a miss this year,instead I'm going to catch a train to Oxford and do a few pub's there.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Now footy is back I can start planning a few awaydays. Have a blank day on Saturday so planning to do a footy/pub combo in Faversham. Then Bank Holiday Monday the mighty Darts have their first decent awayday at Cambridge United so a few pubs beckon. Since I'm currently 27 pubs behind my 2012 target so these 2 dates will help keep things on track!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I'm currently 27 pubs behind my 2012 target
    Pro-rata, or just 27 to go?

Just booked an Overnight for Saturday night in Oxford as the wife was getting restless after 2 weeks glued in front of the Tele..
    Did Cambridge back in May so have decided to go for the University double..
    Think I have identified most of the must do's and have followed Mobyducks recent reviews
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Just booked an Overnight for Saturday night in Oxford as the wife was getting restless after 2 weeks glued in front of the Tele..
    Did Cambridge back in May so have decided to go for the University double..
    Think I have identified most of the must do's and have followed Mobyducks recent reviews
    Dont do a Moby and miss the White Horse , not done Oxford for a few years i used to like the Grapes but i have heard its changed and not for the better

Only did half a dozen or so pubs in Cambridge and found them a bit dissapointing beer wise , Oxford much better
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !