Ads not shown when logged in
Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

We are planning to visit The Castle Inn. I sincerely hope that Larkin's admirable Porter will be on. After that, fairly quiet,I'm afraid.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Anyone have any interesting Easter plans/targets?
    Transport from the metropolis is looking tricky in many directions...

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Anyone have any interesting Easter plans/targets?
    Transport from the metropolis is looking tricky in many directions...
    Planning an early start in The George on Easter Monday before the City game,are you attending or watching it on Sky ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Planning an early start in The George on Easter Monday before the City game,are you attending or watching it on Sky ?
    I have a ticket BF, although it looks something of a dead rubber now. Very good chance I'll raise a glass with you beforehand...
    My 'early starts' tend to be 11:00; with ko at 20:00 that may be quite a challenge...

Wine tasting in the Loire Valley with a friend who is opening a restaurant in Paris (the city, not the Trojan prince) next month. Started with a few beers to put myself in the mood - Grimbergen rouge, quite refreshing but a bit sickly after two or three, then Pelforth Brune, and old standard.

Next decent pint will be when I get back to Poole next week.

I'll stay on me own

I am going to try and do all pubs in Pudsey tomorrow.
    They dont seem to be too hard to get to so i may well get all done barring any that are not open on the day.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I have a ticket BF, although it looks something of a dead rubber now. Very good chance I'll raise a glass with you beforehand...
    My 'early starts' tend to be 11:00; with ko at 20:00 that may be quite a challenge...
    I'm a lightweight these days ,so will be there from 5pm with CAMRA vouchers in hand.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I'm off to Birkenhead on Monday to watch the once mighty Hatters extend their run of defeats to what looks likely to be a new record. Getting some pre-match consolation, or anaesthetic, in The Stork Hotel, The Shrewsbury Arms, Oxton Bar & Terrace and the Cock & Pullet. Anyone got any suggestions for drowning those post-match blues?
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Probably finished for the weekend as I went to Craft Beer 100 last night. Seriously overcrowded but great beers and company.Got hammered though.First time in ages.Dont suffer from hangovers but hate to get too drunk. cheers john

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Our Easter treat was managing to get Ray to Sheffield for the day yesterday. Train journey was fine and we met a friend from Coventry in the Tap for a couple. He caught the tram as he could walk round the pubs, but we came unstuck trying to get the 53 bus to the Gardeners Rest. We thought it would be the easy option with a stop outside the pub, but we got the bus stop in the interchange and just missed the bus. Waited 15 minutes, then when on the bus found it was going the wrong way. Got off and the right bus 20 minutes later, and eventually to the Gardeners where we did meet up with our friend ok. Rest of the day worked as we caught a bus to Riverside, and managed to walk to Fat Cat, KIT and Shakespeare. Getting a bus to interchange from there was a nightmare as all drivers were saying 79 or 38. and while we enquired at a 70 to find he wasn't going back, a 38 sailed past! Another bus got us to Cathedral stop where we caught a tram to the station and back home ok.
    Ray is trying to get out, but it is hard work when you need public transport round a city that you used to walk round. We had a great day with some good beers and that is what counts. Not sure when our next outing will be as advance planning a little difficult now.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.