Ads not shown when logged in
Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Thanks Quinno for this Newbury one
    The Starting Gate

I have often driven by and wondered what is was like, worth stopping for lunch etc [cue argument in car ]

Now I know, seems it was worth driving past as it happens and stopping the other side of Newbury
    I aim to please

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Boating around Birmingham City Centre on Saturday 5th April

If there are any local PuG members who are going to be around the city centre on that day,here's your chance to do a bit of boating.I will be navigating through Camp Hill Top Lock (Bordesley) around 11am ,descending the 6 locks there before ascending the 6 Ashted Locks.Stopping for lunchtime refreshments in the Sack of Potatoes around 1pm,before tackling the Farmers Bridge 13 in the afternoon.Will moor up opposite The Flapper before getting smartened up then heading down to the real ale emporia ,which I assume are still The Post Office Vaults and The Wellington,but always glad to receive advice on any new winners on the real ale front in the City Centre.

Send me a PM if you fancy coming along for all or part of the voyage,all those locks tends to build up a thirst.If boating isn't your thing , it would be good to meet up in the pubs instead.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I'll stay on me own

Quite a few pub crawls coming up in the next two months.

Off to Chesterfield tomorrow,hope to get 15 new pubs done with 10 unreviewed pubs,already done over 60 pubs in this town,so hope all goes well

Second or third week in April off to Wellingborough,never been there before so all pubs seen will be done,hope to do 23 most without reviews

1 may down London again,not sure where to go yet,but want to do at least 22 new pubs

Mid May,may do Rugby or Kettering,not sure which yet but both new towns for me so hopefully loads of pubs to do in either town,i will try and do unreviewed pubs in each town.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Boating around Birmingham City Centre on Saturday 5th April

If there are any local PuG members who are going to be around the city centre on that day,here's your chance to do a bit of boating.I will be navigating through Camp Hill Top Lock (Bordesley) around 11am ,descending the 6 locks there before ascending the 6 Ashted Locks.Stopping for lunchtime refreshments in the Sack of Potatoes around 1pm,before tackling the Farmers Bridge 13 in the afternoon.Will moor up opposite The Flapper before getting smartened up then heading down to the real ale emporia ,which I assume are still The Post Office Vaults and The Wellington,but always glad to receive advice on any new winners on the real ale front in the City Centre.

Send me a PM if you fancy coming along for all or part of the voyage,all those locks tends to build up a thirst.If boating isn't your thing , it would be good to meet up in the pubs instead.
    If you're going to the Wellington and PO Vaults, you could stop off in the Pure Bar and Kitchen, which is a new venture from the Purity Brewery, just off Victoria Square. I had a look yesterday and whilst it's a bit bland inside, the beer was in great shape. In fact, I'd go so far as to say my pint of Mad Goose was the best kept pint I've had this year.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    If you're going to the Wellington and PO Vaults, you could stop off in the Pure Bar and Kitchen, which is a new venture from the Purity Brewery, just off Victoria Square. I had a look yesterday and whilst it's a bit bland inside, the beer was in great shape. In fact, I'd go so far as to say my pint of Mad Goose was the best kept pint I've had this year.
    Thanks PSM,will call in.I cant find it on pubsgalore,or am I just being daft as usual ?
    I also got a tip off that The Craven Arms behind The Mailbox is worth a visit,so the crew are going to have to do some walking !
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Thanks PSM,will call in.I cant find it on pubsgalore,or am I just being daft as usual ?
    I also got a tip off that The Craven Arms behind The Mailbox is worth a visit,so the crew are going to have to do some walking !
    I added Pure Bar to the site, just waiting for Admin to put it on. It's only around the corner from the Welly, near the Town Hall.

Hope you and the crew have a good day in Brum BF!

This Space For Hire

Pure Bar is new so may be in the 160+ pubs awaiting approval which includes a Holland and Barrett's in Lincoln, Ladbrokes and Nationwide in London. If going to the Wellington you need to be in there before 11.30/11.45 as they shut early as I found out last weekend after trying to get served in there nearing midnight.

RAR seems to conclude my thoughts on http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/newpubs/26981/.

Can't believe RAR has had to add the Harewood End either as my ex used to work there about 20 years ago
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 30-03-2014 at 23:07.

Yes, it's excellent. Eleven ales on yesterday including some impressive heavy hitting IPA's. Well worth doing - it's around a 15 minute walk from the city centre.

Going to Cornwall next week ( just outside Newquay ) . Hope the weather holds !!

A weekender in Swansea at the end of the month.

I am a salmon !!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

The usual pre-big-match panic has started - where to watch on Sunday. Blythe Hill Tavern is always excellent but a request has been made for wider ale range (we generally go for Hophead and Harveys in there).
    Possibly St Albans, with Mermaid to start then Blacksmiths favourite for match ahead of the Goat.
    Anyone have any London/burbs beer/Sky suggestions, other than Aldwych George? Also thought of Kings Head/Dickens combo at Borough, whilst aware the Marathon is nearby...