Ads not shown when logged in
Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Glad you had a good day out, but sounds hard work , all the same. Keep the faith.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Probably finished for the weekend as I went to Craft Beer 100 last night. Seriously overcrowded but great beers and company.Got hammered though.First time in ages.Dont suffer from hangovers but hate to get too drunk. cheers john
    Arrived at ~16:00, thinking it might be a good time for a lull, nope, queue ~ 30-40pax, on a 1 out - 1 in basis, so moved on.
    Rose and Crown had some contenders for babotw, moved on to Alexandra, which I thought had a better range these days but had no offering for our bbb pal. No realistic choice in what used to be the Plough, so we wandered back past Craft, where the queue had gone, but it looked uncomfortably rammed, so gave up on that, reduced to a last pint at Clapham North, same options as in Rex's review, though surprisingly thorough match coverage at the rear.
    I presume this will be my bloody awful crawl of the year (bacoty) - I'll be mightily upset if it can go downhill from here (even if the Kings Head and Royal Oak at Borough provided a decent, if uninspired, start).

Gill, seems your tours are increasingly transport-reliant; planning & pub prioritisation to the fore! Good luck from all of us, I'm sure...

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Getting a bus to interchange from there was a nightmare as all drivers were saying 79 or 38. and while we enquired at a 70 to find he wasn't going back, a 38 sailed past!
    Good grief! I do feel for you. I'm glad you made it to some great pubs. I'm off to the Gardeners Rest now myself.
    Come On You Hatters!

Tuckers Maltings at Newton Abbot Friday 17th. Always good nick beer.

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Tuckers Maltings at Newton Abbot Friday 17th. Always good nick beer.
    Is that unlisted here..?

Finally aiming for Northampton today; only 5 pubs on my list but they all look worthy of playing at least one joker.
    London Midland Great Escape voucher to the fore, though since we won't be jumping off anywhere else, the saving won't be all that.

I'll stay on me own

I have done the first of my May pub crawls a really good time doing most pubs in Woolwich and Plumstead Common.

My next crawls will be trying to do most pubs in Witney then going to York to do some of the new openings there and picking some of the pubs in the York suburbs that i have not done yet.

Early June it is a trip to Kent a county i really like and have done over 400 pubs there but never been to Rochester so i hope to do most of the pubs on that list.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post

Early June it is a trip to Kent a county i really like but never been to Rochester so i hope to do most of the pubs on that list.
    Me neither!(well not to the pub.)
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

After a lengthy drought I'll be off to see friends in Essex on Saturday. Engineering works at London Bridge mean that I won't be able to take my regular walk to Liverpool Street, so I might be able to scope an extra pub or two.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Me neither!(well not to the pub.)
    Sorry it should have been Rochester,i have done most large towns in Kent and even took my wife there for our honeymoon,that shows how much we like the county.
    It is probably Shepherd Neame pubs that draws us there.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others