Ads not shown when logged in
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Sorry it should have been Rochester,i have done most large towns in Kent and even took my wife there for our honeymoon,that shows how much we like the county.
    It is probably Shepherd Neame pubs that draws us there.
    Yes, a grand county. Sheps do have some cracking pubs, specially in their "original" estate, on the North Downs.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

When on the verge of booking tickets to Bath (click now to buy), something about the previous day's conversation about ludicrous RU play-offs sprang to mind. Sure enough, Bath vs Leicester Sat 17:00.
    I'm sure it would be a good craic but I haven't toured Bath's pubs, and want to see them in a less, presumably, rammed situation.
    Re-routing to Farnham, with a warm up at Alton's Railway Arms, fff...

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    When on the verge of booking tickets to Bath (click now to buy), something about the previous day's conversation about ludicrous RU play-offs sprang to mind. Sure enough, Bath vs Leicester Sat 17:00.
    I'm sure it would be a good craic but I haven't toured Bath's pubs, and want to see them in a less, presumably, rammed situation.
    Re-routing to Farnham, with a warm up at Alton's Railway Arms, fff...
    Just got back from Bath myself. It was reasonably quiet actually, at least from the point of view of rugby fans. There were a few around, but certainly nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Just got back from Bath myself. It was reasonably quiet actually, at least from the point of view of rugby fans. There were a few around, but certainly nothing to worry about.
    As a geneally annual visitor to the Rec when my team are in town I can concur that it is usually only the pubs close to the ground (mainly those near the Parade Gardens) that you have to worry about, and obviously The Boater on Argyle Street, which is the unofficial Bath RFC Club house due to its proximity and the steps down to the River which make it the nearest pub to the ground entrance.
    And you only have to worry for the couple of hours before kick off as the ground only has a small capacity (by modern premiership standards ) and its quite a family orientated club which means people tend to aim for the restaurants in townafter the game instead large groups of blokes continuing to tank it up..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Alerting all West Midlands contributors,the annual weeks booze cruise on the good ship Ramesses II will be visiting the following venues on these evenings

Friday 26th June -- Birmingham
    Sat 27th -- Walsall
    Sun 28th -- Wolverhampton
    Mon 29th -- Dudley
    Tue 30th -- Stourbridge
    Wed 1st July -- Wolverhampton (different set of pubs)
    Thurs 2nd -- Stafford
    Friday 3rd -- Stone

There will also be some lunchtime stops,so if anyone is up for a few ales with the four man crew,or even a bit of daytime boating around the BCN and neighbouring canals please just let me know.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Great to see you, the crew and Andy Ven for a few on Saturday - look forward to your next trip up.
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Great to see you, the crew and Andy Ven for a few on Saturday - look forward to your next trip up.
    Bloody hell! Welcome back stranger.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Well, the Clangers have returned to TV!

I retired from pub reviewing not from pubs - mainly due to work issues and I started to write my own local history blog (with several pub articles). I also follow PG on Twitter and would like to make a 'gathering' one day. I was up in Liverpool a few weeks back, taking some 'yam-yam' to Real Ale Ray land!

The Dispensary is class - mainly as there are no
    MILD:

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

I also follow PG on Twitter and would like to make a 'gathering' one day.
    It would be really good to see you at one of the bashes in the future. Hopefully, sooner rather than later.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Well, the Clangers have returned to TV!

I retired from pub reviewing not from pubs - mainly due to work issues and I started to write my own local history blog (with several pub articles). I also follow PG on Twitter and would like to make a 'gathering' one day. I was up in Liverpool a few weeks back, taking some 'yam-yam' to Real Ale Ray land!

The Dispensary is class - mainly as there are no
    Hi Soupy

Welcome back. Great to get a bit of a yam-yam revival!