Ads not shown when logged in
Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Off to Bournemouth for a couple of days later. 32 pubs off 500 new ticks. Might be stretching it to bag them all in two days but should get at least 20...
    You could take a 17 year old into the Goat & Tricycle for a laugh and see what happens.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

After rather a busy year, we have a week at home. We are off to Dudley beer festival 28 Nov, and Pigs Ear Hackney 2 Dec. Doing a CAMRA brewery tour 13 Dec probably Kinver and Enville, and whatever pubs the coach gets to around the area. Expect to do Sheffield on 20 Dec as a group have a got together there last Saturday before Christmas, but as we head to Chelmsford 21 Dec to join the Podge Christmas in Belgium on 22 Dec we might have to pass on that one.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

I'll stay on me own

I am planning to visit quite a few West Yorkshire towns over the next few months.

I will be either going to Yeadon and Guisley in December or Batley and Birstal,i may do a crawl in late December while i am off work,this would probably be to Dewsbury.

In January i will be going to London at some point and also do Heckmondwike and Liversage,

In February i will do Brighouse and hopefully another London crawl.

Once the daylight gets longer in late March i will do all pubs in Sowerby Bridge.

There seems to be loads of unreviewed pubs in West Yorkshire,i hope to do over 120 unreviewed pubs there by April.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Spritzer Swallower

Finally getting to tick some pubs before Christmas!

Thursday ticking 3 pubs in Central London fro Good Beer Guide

Friday afternoon going round the 5 shortlisted pubs in the Birmingham CAMRA pub of the year competion to judge. Going to pick up a judging form from Craven Arms on Wednesday then spend Friday at Wellington, train to Inn on the Green (Acocks Green), bus to last years winner Old Moseley Arms (Balsall Heath) and then Spotted Dog (Digbeth).

Day off Saturday

Sunday trip up to parents in Whitby to finally do Golden Lion, Little Angel, Black Lion & Middle Earth (amongst others! never get the chance to do pubs there usually as have my daughter)

Followed on Monday by ticking Pubs from Good Beer Guide in Stockton, Hatlepool and Sunderland (first visits to these 3) & then Newcastle on way home

With a Midland Metro Trip to Bilston (to see Magnum) and also a day off to visit the Black Country before Christmas its happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyO'Revey View Post
    Friday afternoon going round the 5 shortlisted pubs in the Birmingham CAMRA pub of the year competion to judge. Going to pick up a judging form from Craven Arms on Wednesday then spend Friday at Wellington, train to Inn on the Green (Acocks Green), bus to last years winner Old Moseley Arms (Balsall Heath) and then Spotted Dog (Digbeth).

With a Midland Metro Trip to Bilston (to see Magnum) and also a day off to visit the Black Country before Christmas its happy days!
    I'm jealous! I've never been out drinking in Acocks Green but the other 4 sound like a fab afternoon out.
    Waes hael!

Will be taking advantage of the 'trouble' being on a girlie weekend next week visiting the Xmas markets of Berlin to finally get round to ticking off a few in E17 that I havent done or been to for a while.
    Will alight at Walthamstow Central and take in the Bell and the Wild Card Brewery Tap room amongst a couple of others before heading down to the King William IV to see if it has slipped as far as Aqualung reports. And then will take advantage of the Orient being away to see if the Supporters Club is open and then finish at the Birkbeck to see how the new management team are doing before hopping on the Tube home.
    If any of the SE crowd are at a loose end on the 29th and want to join, let me know.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

I'm hoping to get round some of the Leeds suburbs where there's a world of unreviewed pubs I shall probably regret visiting. Trips also being planned to Brighouse and Malton which should be better plus anywhere else reachable by a cheap West Yorkshire Metro ticket. There's also a few changes in Northallerton I ought to look at. Later in the year I hope to make it down to the Midlands for my annual pilgrimage to the Black Country and Brum, with a side trip to Malvern.

Burnley away next Saturday. Got an early train so should get round a few pubs before the match.

Half hour change at Preston on the way back so time for a quickie !

I am a salmon !!

Off to Windsor next week for a boozy afternoon with a former work colleague, unfortunately there is literally nowhere left in Windsor that sells ale that hasn't been graced by my good self!

Hopefully bag pubs X and Z in London before Slowdive on Dec 19th but that may well be it unless Xmas throws a curveball (it usually does)

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Off to Windsor next week for a boozy afternoon with a former work colleague, unfortunately there is literally nowhere left in Windsor that sells ale that hasn't been graced by my good self!
    You could always pop in to The King & Castle and say hello to Jasmin.