Ads not shown when logged in
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 476

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

  1. #431
    Down but not out Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East Hampshire
    Posts
    3,610

    Default

    Was thinking about ticking off a few new pubs in Basingstoke today, just looked at it and its pretty dire stuff, so sod it, Iv'e bottled it, I'm going to Reading instead, can always stop of in Basingstoke on the way home after a skinfull in the Nags Head.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 01-11-2015 at 08:41.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  2. #432
    Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Still never made the Nags, must do Reading again sometime soon. Been up and down to Cheshire a few times recently, my dad's not too good, but have decided to combine my next visit with a couple of days in my old home city of Manchester, not really been around the pubs there for many many years now. Having a bit of difficulty getting a doable short-list together!
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

  3. #433
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Was thinking about ticking off a few new pubs in Basingstoke today, just looked at it and its pretty dire stuff, so sod it, Iv'e bottled it, I'm going to Reading instead, can always stop of in Basingstoke on the way home after a skinfull in the Nags Head.
    ha ha don't blame you!!

    The new Reading-Caversham footbridge is open so it's simpler and quicker to get to the Fox & Hounds in Cav now - they're doing really well on the beer front at present, well-worth factoring in next time.

  4. #434
    Down but not out Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East Hampshire
    Posts
    3,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    ha ha don't blame you!!

    The new Reading-Caversham footbridge is open so it's simpler and quicker to get to the Fox & Hounds in Cav now - they're doing really well on the beer front at present, well-worth factoring in next time.
    I didn't know that, it will be factored in next time, and of course after a skinfull in the Nags, Basingstoke came nowhere near into the equation on the return trip.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  5. #435
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Harrogate this Saturday, Bath (finally) 28Nov, with Derby in between and Nottingham/Beeston yesterday, November is promising to be a punishing month.

  6. #436
    Administrator Dave M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Bath (finally) 28Nov
    First weekend of the Bath Christmas Market means that the centre will be absolutely heaving that day so be sure to plan your route accordingly.

  7. #437
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    First weekend of the Bath Christmas Market means that the centre will be absolutely heaving that day so be sure to plan your route accordingly.
    Damn! Thanks for the heads-up Dave, let's hope those Christmas shoppers are not ale-heads!

  8. #438
    This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    We are finding it easier to do beer festivals rather than pub crawls at the moment. Ray managed to get round half a dozen in Sheffield on Friday and that was great, but we have to check distances for him. We are taking the caravan out next weekend to Chertsey and can bus to Egham for the beer festival there. Had hoped to do Derby with you all, but pubs a bit scattered there for Ray to cope with for an intensive crawl. Will make Dudley festival later this month. Have fun on Friday.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

  9. #439
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    Off to Bristol on January 23rd for a pub crawl,this will be my second visit to the city,so really looking forward to having a good crawl and will no doubt get 23 new pubs done with ease.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

  10. #440
    Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Off to Bristol on January 23rd for a pub crawl,this will be my second visit to the city,so really looking forward to having a good crawl and will no doubt get 23 new pubs done with ease.
    Bristol is a superb venue Al, enjoy the day.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Similar Threads

  1. What plans have you all for New Years Eve.
    By Tilly-Miss in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 12:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •