Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 477

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

  1. #121
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Greetings all,

    Things have been very busy at work, as the cuts have began to bite, so i haven't been on much over the past few weeks. I am off for a well earned rest and will be on the Isle of Arran, purely in the interests of PG of course, to fill in the gaps in photos and reviews. Sadly, many are hotels, so i will come back and get them all removed

    I do hope it is a free zone
    MILD:

  2. #122
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    4,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Greetings all,

    Things have been very busy at work, as the cuts have began to bite, so i haven't been on much over the past few weeks. I am off for a well earned rest and will be on the Isle of Arran, purely in the interests of PG of course, to fill in the gaps in photos and reviews. Sadly, many are hotels, so i will come back and get them all removed

    I do hope it is a free zone
    It's more driftwood than on Arran. It's a beautiful place though when it's fine (about 3 days per year).

    We once stayed in a cottage there for a couple of days. We had to walk along the beach to get to the pub as there wasn't a road!!!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

  3. #123
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    We had to walk along the beach to get to the pub as there wasn't a road!!!
    I admire the dedication!

    You are now going to tell me that not only are there just 3 good days of weather, but they only sell lager
    MILD:

  4. #124
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    4,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I admire the dedication!

    You are now going to tell me that not only are there just 3 good days of weather, but they only sell lager
    It was all keg, but it was about 30 years ago.

    The Island now has it's own brewery in Brodick.

    The Ormidale hotel in Brodick acts as the brewery tap.

    No review or photo on PG though.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

  5. #125
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    It was all keg, but it was about 30 years ago.

    The Island now has it's own brewery in Brodick.

    The Ormidale hotel in Brodick acts as the brewery tap.

    No review or photo on PG though.
    Soon will be, Squire!
    MILD:

  6. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    If you go to York, a browse around Tadcaster would be nice .....
    Sadly didn't get the chance but I did manage to sneak into The Guy Fawkes and The Snickelways as well as The Maltings. A real bonus and I'd recommend them both.

  7. #127
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    It's still likely that I'll have 2 spare freebies to Southampton if anyone is kicking their heels 02May.
    Dep W'loo 11:39 arr 13:15. Dep S'ton 19:55 arr 21:38.

  8. #128
    The Beerhunter. RogerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dartford, Kentshire near Londinium.
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    It's still likely that I'll have 2 spare freebies to Southampton if anyone is kicking their heels 02May.
    Dep W'loo 11:39 arr 13:15. Dep S'ton 19:55 arr 21:38.
    I would do (don't know S'oton very well) but the mighty Darts have managed to get through to the Kent Senior Cup Final (v Bromley) which is being played that day so silverware, big crowd and some celebratory Bank Holiday beers beckon.

  9. #129
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    It's still likely that I'll have 2 spare freebies to Southampton if anyone is kicking their heels 02May.
    Dep W'loo 11:39 arr 13:15. Dep S'ton 19:55 arr 21:38.
    The travel may seem cumbersome for 6.5hrs in Southampton, but it has a few worthy hostelries should anyone wish to use this booking (x2)...

  10. #130
    This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    In Oxford at the moment and travelled down to Reading for a great time at the festival there on Thursday, and will go down again tomorrow.

    Move across to Banbury on Tuesday for a few days and will make it to the festival there on Friday and Saturday.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Similar Threads

  1. What plans have you all for New Years Eve.
    By Tilly-Miss in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 11:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •