Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Threaded View

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    I'm arriving by train at around 12:00 - 12:30 and hope to get out to Horse & Jockey in Stapleford before making my way back to the City Ground in time for a 15:00 kick-off. .
    Looks a tough ask, with buses I4 & 24 taking 28m & 24min to/from Canal St. (www.transportdirect.info is good for this stuff)
    I wondered whether the tram would get you close enough, but more likely you'd be forking out for a cab for this one PSM, 5/6 miles maybe not too bad if you can share? I'm up there next Sat and most likely get out to H&J, especially as my local representation failed to get advance beerfest tkts, which have sold out, so probably crawl only, which isn't a hardship in a place like Nottingham! I’ll try to report back re Stapleford travel.

If you thought H&J was too risky, & if you haven't been here, I would highly recommend the Crown and the Victoria in Beeston, also the Hop Pole is getting decent press although I can't think I've been. Beeston is just 6mins on train from Nottingham stn, or the London train arriving 12:26 stops there on the way through.
    Last edited by trainman; 04-10-2013 at 12:12.