Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Hybrid View

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Just booked a weekend away in Chester , end of April , not been for a few years (well not to visit, go twice a week from work) looks like the pubs have improved from my last visit
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Just booked a weekend away in Chester , end of April , not been for a few years (well not to visit, go twice a week from work) looks like the pubs have improved from my last visit
    The Spitting Feathers Brewery Tap is an excellent addition to the Chester pub scene.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Having been told by my GP to slim down from cruiser to frigate class I suspect the coming weeks are going to be fairly quiet on the beer front. However, by some miraculous alignment of the planets both my daughters have sleepovers on Saturday night. Yahoo! A night out. I suspect Mrs a&h and I will not be sat clutching a half all evening.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Having been told by my GP to slim down from cruiser to frigate class I suspect the coming weeks are going to be fairly quiet on the beer front. However, by some miraculous alignment of the planets both my daughters have sleepovers on Saturday night. Yahoo! A night out. I suspect Mrs a&h and I will not be sat clutching a half all evening.
    On a brighter note it means avoiding the little boys room. How is everything panning out?

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    On a brighter note it means avoiding the little boys room. How is everything panning out?
    A lot better now thanks. No probems since I was discharged, but it's taken a few days to get my head round stuff. Going to have to tighten up my diet a bit, but probably no bad thing!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Good to hear, I can imagine it takes a little bit of work to get your head round it. Hopefully it will turn out to be fairly easy to manage once you find your groove.

Three days working in Liverpool for me but importantly with two nights drinking (Tues/Wed). Hopefully a Nidderdale pub crawl on Saturday and pot luck Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Three days working in Liverpool for me but importantly with two nights drinking (Tues/Wed).
    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    There are six possible additions, I will try to find the details and put them on.
    Old Skool 90s bar
    Cafe Sports England
    The Noble House
    The Bar, Grill & Restaurant
    The Olive Press
    62 Castle St
    I do hope that your Tues&Wed drinking slots are not going to be wasted in any of the above-mentioned establishments ob? The names alone would make me walk on by...

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    The Spitting Feathers Brewery Tap is an excellent addition to the Chester pub scene.
    I used to deliver there when it was an Italian Resturant , a few pubs seem to have improved , Bear & Billet seems to have a good rep and the newly reopened Commercial Hotel looks worth a visit for the decor alone
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    I used to deliver there when it was an Italian Resturant , a few pubs seem to have improved , Bear & Billet seems to have a good rep and the newly reopened Commercial Hotel looks worth a visit for the decor alone
    We were in the Bear & Billet just before Xmas, it's a regular haunt for us when in Chester.

The Hot Beef baguettes were excellent as usual and the beer is good as well.

With it only being about 100 yards from the Brewery Tap it's where we often finish off our evenings.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas