Ads not shown when logged in
Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

It's been a quietweek since we got back from Banbury but we are going to Stourbridge beer fest on Friday. Opens at 12. There are 15 beers new to us, so should have a decent day out.

Will hopefully be watching the Cup Final at the Dial Arch in Woolwich who conveniently happen to be having a beer festival to celebrate the start of the Great Baltic voyage to deliver some Imperial Rusiian Stout samples to St Petersberg.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Will hopefully be watching the Cup Final at the Dial Arch in Woolwich who conveniently happen to be having a beer festival to celebrate the start of the Great Baltic voyage to deliver some Imperial Rusiian Stout samples to St Petersberg.
    I was going to go to this as well - thought it sounded really interesting, especially if you can sample some of the Imperial Stout before it departs - but now I have a Play-Off semi-final to worry about on Saturday instead.

Went to the Dial Arch - 14 Imperial Russian Stouts on offer - the weakest was 6.9% the strongest was (I think) 11.4%. Not exactly a festival for a lengthy session!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Boating progress has been slow but steady ,and the visit to the Erewash Canal and the eastern part of the Trent and Mersey resulted in some excellent pub visits and great ale. Thanks for the advice Al,very helpful.

Taking advantage of some safe moorings in Rugeley at present,and the plan is to hit Stafford next Wednesday with a particular aim to visit the Sun Inn ,a recent addition to the Titanic fleet.Having in the past visited The White Star in Stoke and The Royal Exchange in Stone ,both wonderful Titanic outlets within walking distance of the canal,I hope for a hat-trick of excellence at The Sun.If this coincides with anyone else's plans please let me know.

After Stafford,heading to a boatyard in Oxley near Wolverhampton for some running repairs.Still intent on a visit to Walsall but I need to get the hull repainted out of the water,so may be over there sometime in mid/late June if I can find a dry dock in the meantime.

Not so much a pub crawl as a county crawl, but spent last night plotting and planning pubs we have never been to in Cornwall for visits. There are 22 of them,but will not be going to Scilly Isles, or those close to Bude and Plymouth.

Today’s jaunt is to the New Inn, Wendron, followed by Blue Anchor, Helston.

Other trips out are:
    Victory Inn, Towan Cross followed by an hour or two in Porthtowan.
    Falcon Inn, St Mawgan, followed by an hour in Newquay.
    Trengilly Wartha Inn at Nancenoy near Constantine.
    Queen’s Arms in Botallack followed by Star, Crowlas.
    Brea Inn in Brea, followed by Smugglers Inn in St Erth Praze.
    Red River Inn, Gwithian followed by Driftwood Spa, St Agnes.
    Rann Wartha St Austell, followed by Rashleigh Inn Polkerris.

Want to try to get to Kings Head Inn Ruan Lanihorne, but it looks to be a couple of miles to walk from the nearest bus stop on an iffy road.

May pick up other pubs when doing various towns, and also looking for festivals at pubs, like the Star at Vogue on 2nd July. Worked at St Ives fest a couple of days and have the train tickets to go to Plymouth fest, but if anyone knows anywhere else worth a visit I will try to fit them in.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I suppose the long weekend will offer a variety of beer festivals around the country; not sure why publicans need a bank holiday to trigger entrepreneurial behaviour.
    I'm toying with the possibility of twinning the Boathouse, Kingston, and the Red Lion Isleworth, on Sat, both claiming a 50 strong beer list. I've not yet mapped whether the Sussex Arms could be thrown in as a joker. Maybe for Sunday's hair-of-dog...

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Boathouse? Is that Boaters? Didn't know they had a festival on.

Away again this weekend so I'll see what I discover.

My August holiday to Yorks/Derbyshire confirmed, started a separate thread for any of our friends in the North who fancy a meet-oop.

Found a few beer fests round Cornwall pubs today. Turks Head in Penzance have 4 casks on stillage and 4 on the bar but it is £3 a pint and £1.75 a half.

Godolphin Marazion have 30 ales on and they were £3.50 a pint and £1.75 a half.

Mounts Bay at Mullion was our favourite today at £3 a pint and £1.50 a half, and had 12 ales on stillage and 4 on the bar.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.