Ads not shown when logged in
Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Paul, if you can make it to this one The Craven Arms it's owned by Black Country Ales, very comfy, traditional and source some great beers. It's about a 10 minute walk from the station and is down the side of the Mailbox. I haven't done an update on this pub, it's been refurbished, but I'd highly recommend it.
    I'll second that on Craven Arms. We have been a few times now, and always a good selection. Interesting building too.

And thanks Ray for the Leek info. Duly noted, especially the pies. Chips and Gravy too - Ray thinks that is uncouth, but I love it!!
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Cheers Gill & Ray - recommendation duly noted.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    I'll second that on Craven Arms. We have been a few times now, and always a good selection. Interesting building too.

And thanks Ray for the Leek info. Duly noted, especially the pies. Chips and Gravy too - Ray thinks that is uncouth, but I love it!!
    The gravy debate returns! Pour it all over, Gill!
    Last edited by Maldenman; 24-09-2013 at 21:03. Reason: A much needed comma!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

After badly twisting my ankle last Thursday it's still very painful to walk, so looks increasingly unlikley that I'll be able to make LOSC Marble Brewery 'Gala' tonight.
    Absolutely gutted!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Planning a trip to the Black Country Museum this weekend so should finally get to try out the Bottle & Glass.

Also may have an evening out in Birmingham in which case I'm planning to try to make it to The Prince of Wales to claim my free pint from Punch.
    I am aiming to call in the Prince tomorrow dinner time - a free beer is a free beer after all !!

Hope you enjoy the museum. check out the Workers Institute - It used to stand round the corner from my house. It was the royal mail sorting office when I was a kid. You will like the Bottle and Glass. My old man used to drink in it in its original location.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I am aiming to call in the Prince tomorrow dinner time - a free beer is a free beer after all !!

Hope you enjoy the museum. check out the Workers Institute - It used to stand round the corner from my house. It was the royal mail sorting office when I was a kid. You will like the Bottle and Glass. My old man used to drink in it in its original location.
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to doing the museum tomorrow. Will probably try out one or two pubs nearby afterwards.

Might make it to the Prince on Sunday but I have a feeling their 144 pints allocation may be gone by then!

Looking for Kent Green hop ales from the countywide festival:trouble is, not many pubs listed in my neck of the woods1
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Burton-on-Trent next week, we've been invited to the CAMRA Champion Beer Of Britain lunch at the Museum Of Brewing.

A couple of beers pre lunch, then four courses matched with the CBOB winners. Then awards & presentations with more beer. Should be hell.

CBOB Menu 2013.pdf

I'm sure we'll manage quite a few pubs the night before and hopefully still be capable of a few more after the lunch finishes at 7!!!!!.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I need a bit of advice for my next trip which will be to Nottingham on the 19th. I'm arriving by train at around 12:00 - 12:30 and hope to get out to Horse & Jockey in Stapleford before making my way back to the City Ground in time for a 15:00 kick-off. I've got no idea if this is possible or if I'd end up with an unsatisfyingly short visit to the pub before having to head back - hopefully Al or someone else with a bit of local knowledge can let me know if they think this is feasible, as Stapleford looks like a bit of a trek from the city centre.

I'll be following this up with a weekend in Canterbury for a mate's stag do.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    , we've been invited to the CAMRA Champion Beer Of Britain lunch at the Museum Of Brewing.
    Sounds great! I think menus with ale-matching ought to have a good future, but the likely takers (usual suspects) probably perceive it as somewhat pretentious, and the oenophiles somewhat what!!?