Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

Default Your plans in upcoming weeks

My plans for upcoming weeks..

Tick off 3 pubs at Warton, Warwickshire
    Tick off one remaining pub in Sutton Coldfield district (Oak n Ash, Walmley)
    Tick off new JDW (Thomas Leper) and Brewery Tap at Derby after Cricket match (Derbyshire Vs Loughborough Uni)
    Tick off closest pub I never been to, Gamecock Inn at Birchmoor.

Plus few plans is in works...
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Noyhing to exiting for me , should get to the reopened Fighting Cocks in Oakengates to try the special beer they have brewed for the reopening by the end of the week , and maybe a possible jaunt to Shrewsbury in the next few weeks
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

The rest of the brewery arrives on Friday, then in hospital on Monday for a minor op (toenail removal x 2) which puts me out of action for 4 days.Then the following Monday is Cask Ale Week...

I don't even know what I'm doing the next day let alone over the next few weeks. I have at least 6 football matches and at least 3 gigs before March is out starting with the Stranglers at the Hammy Apollo on Friday. Mrs B gets made redundant next week so there will be a big beer up next Thursday. Unfortunately it is in a German Beerkeller so it will be a German lager night unless I can keep sneaking out to the pub next door.

horseracing at Hexham tomorrow
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Default Things I will not have to do next week.....

Is see the Shrink.....which is worrying. Despite everyone having a different opinion
    Professor
    88888 thinks I am perfectly sane. Now you can see why I am worried. The Bench Mark for sanity must be as low as the bar for a
    professional
    limbo dancer.
    What can I now blame my weird behaviour on ? Here I am working hard to become a first rate Eccentric/Village Idiot and I get negative reports like this. The people at the job centre will not like it, they had a few likely jobs for me and I am not talking
    MacDonalds
    . Prime jobs like
    Birdscarer
    or Resident Simpleton at a well known city centre pub chain. Now it will be boring jobs like shelf filler and they are over subscribed by university graduates.
    Oh Well..the best laid plans and all that.

Its gone funny again, something to do with the spell checker. Now you can all see what a crap speller I am.
    Last edited by arwkrite; 17-03-2010 at 09:27.

For next 7 days starting with 21st March will be very busy and good opportunity for me tick off pubs.

21st March

Watch Tamworth Vs Oxford United followed by few beers in Silk Kite

22nd March

Going to Sutton Coldfield to tick off remaining pub, Oak n Ash then off to Sutton Coldfield Town Vs Bromsgrove Rovers

23rd March

Day out at Birmingham and very good opportunity to check out yet-to-visit pubs then 3 choices... Romulus Vs Chesham OR Chasetown Vs Market Drayton Town OR Halesowen Town Vs Oxford City. Halesowen looking good as they have decent pubs including famous Waggon and Horses (15 real ales on ale) only 5 mins walk from football ground

24th March

REST DAY possibly quick visit to Birchmoor or Warton to tick off pubs

25th March

Going to Birmingham again to watch Premier League Darts at NIA with my Sister's boyfriend with few pub beforehand

26th March

REST DAY. No plans for this day yet.

27th March

Going to Barwell (via Nuneaton) for FA Vase Semi Final match with Whitley Bay. Possibly tick off up to 3 Barwell pubs.

28th March

Few beers at Fox, Hopwas with my Father.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I am at a bit of a loose end as I was supposed to go to hosp for an op on shoulder this month, but they won't do it as I am flying to IOM on 15th April. They have taken me off waiting list as I could not give them a 4 month spell when I will be at home. Summer is booked for caravanning in GB and Belgium and beer festivals. Shocking!!

Going to do Birmingham this afternoon and Sheffield on Friday, then Walsall fest probably next Thursday or Friday.

Anyone recommend somewhere for Easter weekend as we have no plans yet. Can take caravan to locality to make a weekend of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Anyone recommend somewhere for Easter weekend as we have no plans yet. Can take caravan to locality to make a weekend of it.
    Bewdley and surrounding area is very good place for pretty decent pubs. No idea about site of caravan site, you have to search for it by Google..

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Bewdley and surrounding area is very good place for pretty decent pubs. No idea about site of caravan site, you have to search for it by Google..
    Bewdley is surrounded by caravan parks
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !