Ads not shown when logged in
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Very pleasant, with a few rough edges.
    I passed the Cock and new Hackney Tap last night but didn't go in as I had 'mobile beer'. Rough edges at the Old Oak?
    Last edited by Tris39; 23-05-2021 at 17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I passed the Cock and new Hackney Tap last night but didn't go in as I had 'mobile beer'. Rough edges at the Old Oak?
    That's the one.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Saltburn on Wednesday, back to Preston on Friday for a week. Preston on the Saturday, Staveley or Wigan on the Sunday depending how long I fancy putting up with dirty stares on the train

Tomorrow i will be going to London for 4 days staying at Canary Wharf with expected pub crawls around Hammersmith,Kensington and the Kings Cross area. There should be trips to Brighton and Chelmsford included.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    Tomorrow i will be going to London for 4 days staying at Canary Wharf with expected pub crawls around Hammersmith,Kensington and the Kings Cross area.
    Make sure to take out a bank loan!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I'm in Huddersfield this Saturday - any local correspondents kicking their heels that day are welcome to drop by, though I cannot guarantee my group's progress will be organised, or logical(!), but it will include the main targets, including the now visible Star (thanks Will!).

Any local knowledge for a suggested location for ~3hr debrief on Sunday would be appreciated, short-ish train or bus journey would be good. (Halifax, Brighouse?)
    We'll be travelling back via Leeds, but not drinking there while LUFC host Liverpool..!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I'm in Huddersfield this Saturday - any local correspondents kicking their heels that day are welcome to drop by, though I cannot guarantee my group's progress will be organised, or logical(!), but it will include the main targets, including the now visible Star (thanks Will!).

Any local knowledge for a suggested location for ~3hr debrief on Sunday would be appreciated, short-ish train or bus journey would be good. (Halifax, Brighouse?)
    We'll be travelling back via Leeds, but not drinking there while LUFC host Liverpool..!
    I would have joined you for this, but am on holiday in Scotland this weekend.

Halifax is good. The Three Pigeons and the Victorian Craft Beer Cafe were the best, as far as I recall, and the Grayston Unity is worth a visit if you like your pubs quirky. (There's also this new one, which needs a photo and review, if you wouldn't mind. )
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 08-09-2021 at 11:17.
    Come On You Hatters!

Off to Walthamstow today to check if the good ale pubs around Hoe street have survived the pandemic, and then try out what is becoming known as the Blackhorse Beer mile. Hopefully will gather enough positives to be able to put together an Aqualung memorial crawl at a later date.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Off to Walthamstow today to check if the good ale pubs around Hoe street have survived the pandemic, and then try out what is becoming known as the Blackhorse Beer mile. Hopefully will gather enough positives to be able to put together an Aqualung memorial crawl at a later date.
    Good luck with your research,I'm up for any Aqualung memorial.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Good luck with your research,I'm up for any Aqualung memorial.
    Snap.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields