Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Cask Ale Week

Default Cask Ale Week

Indy readers might find this interesting:

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/n...rticle?R=86325

If I may do a shameless plug:

http://www.kilverts.co.uk/board.html

I would be interested to know what appeals and what doesn't to you. Also to know what you would like to see that isn't there. Customer research - feel free to ignore if you wish

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    I would be interested to know what appeals and what doesn't to you. Also to know what you would like to see that isn't there. Customer research - feel free to ignore if you wish
    There's a few good ideas in there. Not sure anyone drinking all day on the 31st will be in much of a position to participate coherantly in the evening quiz though! I like the guess the ale day. We once did something simlar at a festival where we had a list of tasting notes and we had to match the notes to the beers but that was just a bit of fun between our group. It's a shame I'm 150 miles away - I would be in virtually every night otherwise.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I rather like the sound of FemALE Day, on April 1st. Anything that remotely encourages the possibility of my wife actually going to the bar and buying a round can't be a bad thing!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I rather like the sound of FemALE Day, on April 1st. Anything that remotely encourages the possibility of my wife actually going to the bar and buying a round can't be a bad thing!
    That was the one that jumped out at me as well. Whole week does sound like fun.

I do like Roger's take on the blind testing as well, trying to match up tasting notes, I feel like I could do that, whereas an unmarked tap would leave me hopelessly lost. Also mismatched tasting notes offers lots of potential for Mickey taking.

I'll have to remember that blind tasting one for next year - or for the beer festival. Glad to hear I've kind of hit the target anyway!