Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micropubs

Default Micropubs

here's a handy list of micro pubs, not exhaustive only the ones in the micropub association,

http://micropubassociation.co.uk/#/m...014/4564894644

How odd that there are so many in Kent.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I love the Rat Race in Hartlepool. I am sure I have reviewed it on here, but if you look there are hardly any notations of Pubs Galore on the review notations for each pub. Pubs and Beer, Trip Advisor and BITE feature a lot.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    ...and I haven't been to any yet!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    I love the Rat Race in Hartlepool. I am sure I have reviewed it on here
    You have indeed - Rat Race Ale House.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    but if you look there are hardly any notations of Pubs Galore on the review notations for each pub. Pubs and Beer, Trip Advisor and BITE feature a lot.
    I don't know how many of these have been reviewed on this site, but it looks like they have chosen positive reviews (see mine for Chesterfield Alehouse) rather than anything contentious (see Just Beer Micropub, for example) - and who could blame them?
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    You have indeed - Rat Race Ale House.

I don't know how many of these have been reviewed on this site, but it looks like they have chosen positive reviews (see mine for Chesterfield Alehouse) rather than anything contentious (see Just Beer Micropub, for example) - and who could blame them?
    I wouldn't say my review of Just Beer Micropub was contentious but rather fair comment.Other PuG reviewers have had a better experience ,but I felt justified to review as I found.The best example of a micropub that I have found is not a member this association ,The Treacle Tap in Macclesfield.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I didn't think that the contributors to this excellent website were prone to passing judgement on reviews which don't exactly match the sentiments of their own so this is an interesting precedent.
    Last edited by Thuck Phat; 09-04-2014 at 10:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuck Phat View Post
    I didn't think that the contributors to this excellent website were prone to passing judgement on reviews which don't exactly match the sentiments of their own so this is an interesting precedent.
    I wasn't passing judgment, merely observing that the Micropubs website is going to avoid reviews of micropubs that are not seen as positive. Ray and I enjoyed our visits to Just Beer, you and BF did not. (That's what the word "contentious" was meant to indicate in the previous post - our reviews contended with one another.) That's acceptable on Pubs Galore, but obviously not for a site that is dedicated to promoting its members' businesses.
    Come On You Hatters!

I wasn't passing judgment,.
    "good news for tickers if not for the two slightly dodgily named and grumpy reviewers below!"

I agree with Mr F. on The Treacle Tap and also enjoyed The Railway Arms in Downham Market and The Olde England in Northampton although being over 3 floors I'm not sure that the latter qualifies as micro.

Of interest to Newark, but not micro pubs other than Just Beer, is that Blue Monkey are about to open an Organ Grinder there as highlighted by Mr. Hondo. I know where I'm going the next time I'm in Newark.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It's their spiritual home, first one opened there.