Ads not shown when logged in
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointment of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Jaipur seems to be a rarity nowadays in JDWs.
    … but £3/pint in my nearby village club. Result!

Researching our annual trip to the Dales I made the discovery that Kings Head is once again closed and for sale. For various reasons we needed to rent a larger property-one was available in Gunnerside.The prospect of actually being able to walk to a pub sustained me since booking.Alas.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Researching our annual trip to the Dales I made the discovery that Kings Head is once again closed and for sale. For various reasons we needed to rent a larger property-one was available in Gunnerside.The prospect of actually being able to walk to a pub sustained me since booking.Alas.
    I feel your pain. Was our adopted local, when we stayed in nearby Low Row. Makes all the difference when you can amble up the road from your holiday let. Oh, well. At least you'll be able to update your review of the Farmer's Arms, Muker.
    Last edited by aleandhearty; 01-10-2019 at 12:37.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I feel your pain. Was our adopted local, when we stayed in nearby Low Row. Makes all the difference when you can amble up the road from your holiday let. Oh, well. At least you'll be able to update your review of the Farmer's Arms, Muker.
    Learnt two things last night:1)plans are afoot to reopen the King's Head as a Community pub, and 2) more immediately of interest is the opening of a pop up pub in the village hall in the all- important awaiting the arrival of Ramsey's Fish and Chip slot van of a Friday evening. Beer is forecast.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

...plans are afoot to reopen the King's Head as a Community pub...

Interesting. Makes perfect sense in ensuring the long term viability of the place.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

This Space For Hire

Went out of my way to try the recently opened Watermans Arms Barnes again.9 beers on cask 4 brown beers 4 stouts and 1 black ipa.Too many beers for the turnover and even as a dark beer fan too many dark beers. Had a stout from Black Jack which was vinegar and returned it to get a slightly diacetyl flavoured stout from Arbor ,coudnt finish it and then last weeks beer of the week Tripple fff -jaberwokky which was in poor condition and wasn't finished.Had a free pint due on my loyalty card but saved it for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Interesting. Makes perfect sense in ensuring the long term viability of the place.
    Whatpub says that the King's Head, Gunnerside has reopened.A long time until I'm able to see for myself.

Roger Protz has Tweeted that Greene King's new owners are discontinuing their XX Mild,about the only GK beer that I enjoy.

Whatpub says that the King's Head, Gunnerside has reopened.A long time until I'm able to see for myself.
    We usually try and manage a walk in the Dales between Xmas and New Year. Hopefully, we can make a short detour.

Roger Protz has Tweeted that Greene King's new owners are discontinuing their XX Mild,about the only GK beer that I enjoy.
    Agree with you there. The first time I tried it I was very pleasantly surprised.