Ads not shown when logged in
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointment of the week

This Space For Hire

Just when you are getting to like a brewer they throw a curve ball.
    Wild Weather-the science of selling yourself short 3.0 .I rarely buy a pint of new to me beer but a 3.0 thirst quencher with sorachi ace hops seemed the ticket.Tastless bland beer.I could only stomach a half of it so it was a waste of money.The pub didn't sell itself short £4.50 for a pint.cheers

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Very disappointing day in Liverpool. The Philharmonic was a particular let-down with just 3 beers across 8 pumps, and 2 of those were Doombar and Black Sheep gold! Three of the 4 drab offerings at the Globe all tasted of plastic and were left. The Grapes (Roscoe St) was closed for refurb. The Excelsior had lights on but doors still closed at gone noon. Ma Egerton's had one beer on, we didn't stop. Not sure how Ye Cracke is on a Camra inventory list(?) but was a new tick for me, not much of a beer range. Ship&Mitre was best beer choice and Dispensary probably potd, ahead of White Star whose selection was a little underwhelming, and Roscoe Head which was uncomfortably busy. Didn't make it to Baltic Fleet this time. Good to see some Mancs who travelled over though.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

The Jerusalem Tavern. Dont know what went wrong ,but very poor beer .We were forced to walk up to Craft Beer Co.,Leather Lane and were rewarded with some outstanding Marble ales.Every cloud has a silver lining......
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    The Jerusalem Tavern. Dont know what went wrong ,but very poor beer .We were forced to walk up to Craft Beer Co.,Leather Lane and were rewarded with some outstanding Marble ales.Every cloud has a silver lining......
    Thats a shame, the Jerusalem has always been good on my visits, hopefully a one off.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Out with the family tonight and was told last drink dad then home.Okay so I went for Goody -genesis winner of the 2014 and 2015 best Kent hopped beer.Good brewer that's why I picked it but sadly lacking in hop flavour.I know Kent hops are not exactly in your face but whats occurring.

This Space For Hire

Preston Hero (train station). £4.35 for a Kron...

Brewhouse & Kitchen , fourth visit, previously all very good but only two ales available on Saturday afternoon, both ordinary bitter styles, didn't stay for a drink and moved swiftly along to The Charles Lamb. Hopefully just a blip.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 12-09-2016 at 18:25.
    -W.C.Fields

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Brewhouse & Kitchen , fourth visit, previously all very good but only two ales available on Saturday afternoon, both ordinary bitter styles, didn't stay for a drink and moved swiftly along to The Charles Lamb. Hopefully just a blip.
    Tried your links Moby, looks like you were going round in circles!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Tried your links Moby, looks like you were going round in circles!
    Should now be straight.
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I got this second hand from aem,but apparently the young barman at The Craven Arms ,Birmingham has left which is a crying shame as he was responsible for the outstanding ale range here.Apparently Black Country Ales want the pub to revert to a more mainstream ale policy.

None of this explains the ommission of The Craven Arms from the 2017 GBG,this apparently as a result of politics in the local CAMRA branch ,who must have felt that the ale in there was just too good.

All very depressing
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson