Ads not shown when logged in
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointment of the week

Discovering Old Dairy's hithertofor excellent Cattle Shed is no longer bottle conditioned. It comes in those ridiculous 330ml bottles, so I'd opened two, only to experience 660ml of belch material.Hope the practice hasn't spread to the rest of the range.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Had a wander round London on Tuesday night and near the end thought would love a couple of good pints I could sink.Went to the Crosse Keys covent garden as they do Brodies.First pint mild thought the glass was a bit warm and as I supped the beer it was too warm for my liking.Then a pint of Jamiaca stout.The glass was hot ,I complained and the barmaid decanted it into another less hot glass.As before the beer warmed up as I drank and couldn't finish either pint.Hate this pub,hate the wanky barstaff and hate myself for putting up with this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Had a wander round London on Tuesday night and near the end thought would love a couple of good pints I could sink.Went to the Crosse Keys covent garden as they do Brodies.First pint mild thought the glass was a bit warm and as I supped the beer it was too warm for my liking.Then a pint of Jamiaca stout.The glass was hot ,I complained and the barmaid decanted it into another less hot glass.As before the beer warmed up as I drank and couldn't finish either pint.Hate this pub,hate the wanky barstaff and hate myself for putting up with this shit.
    I have in the past really liked this pub, but on my last visit about 9 months ago the beer was bad and it seemed like a cellar contamination to me,not had any staff issues to date but will try again, if its not good then the game will be up.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 15-01-2016 at 20:33.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I have in the past really liked this pub, but on my last visit about 9 months ago the beer was bad and it seemed like a cellar contamination to me,not had any staff issues to date but will try again, if its not good then the game will be up.
    I haven't been there for a few years but I understand there are problems in the Brodie's empire. All I can say is that the Tap has upped it's game a lot but still can disappoint on occasion.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

DOTW was the Garden Gate, Hunslet, Leeds. Not the pub, a splendidly tiled survivor and well worth the trip down, but just 3 beers on, one undrinkable and the other 2 poor - tasting of plastic.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    DOTW was the Garden Gate, Hunslet, Leeds. Not the pub, a splendidly tiled survivor and well worth the trip down, but just 3 beers on, one undrinkable and the other 2 poor - tasting of plastic.
    ...And having waited years to visit, I couldn't believe it, when we finally got there, it was largely taken over by a child's birthday party. What are the chances of that?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

Hogsback have grown some Farnham white bine hops an old variety and brewed Farnham white 4.0.Nice quaffable beer ,bit sweet but where were the hops.Maybe there is a reason why hops die out.Or possibly they put too little in the beer. Cheapskate brewery?

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Hogsback have grown some Farnham white bine hops an old variety and brewed Farnham white 4.0.Nice quaffable beer ,bit sweet but where were the hops.Maybe there is a reason why hops die out.Or possibly they put too little in the beer. Cheapskate brewery?
    Probably didn't have many hops, as the plants are young, and it takes a while to get into heavy cropping.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Probably didn't have many hops, as the plants are young, and it takes a while to get into heavy cropping.
    Not many hops but they are milking the publicity.

A visit today to the Nags Head found my keg beer of the year of last year , in cask form, Siren Craft Counting Vampires, unfortunately although a decent beer , it came nowhere near as good as I was expecting, a bit of a bummer.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 30-01-2016 at 19:39.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields