Ads not shown when logged in
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointment of the week

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Yu LU is a great beer and would be brewed with real tea and lemon rind.Laines beers are pretty rubbish imo.Could have been bad beer you can never tell with cask.a Cask Marque tester who is often on twitter tested the temperature of a beer on sale today that was 27.5 degrees.
    Even up in Stockton it was 35c on leaving work yesterday, although a degree or two of that may have been due to a gas stack flaring all day... Therefore I worry on my travels today how many bad pints will be encountered. Might be worth sticking to the Shipyard in Wetherspoons.

Yu LU is a great beer
    Agree with John here.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Yu LU is a great beer and would be brewed with real tea and lemon rind.Laines beers are pretty rubbish imo.Could have been bad beer you can never tell with cask.a Cask Marque tester who is often on twitter tested the temperature of a beer on sale today that was 27.5 degrees.
    I was in The Three Kings the other night and a keg blew up (or something similar). This in turn caused the fire alarm to go off which was immediately followed by a power cut. Must have been a high ABV ale.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I was in The Three Kings the other night and a keg blew up (or something similar). This in turn caused the fire alarm to go off which was immediately followed by a power cut. Must have been a high ABV ale.
    That will have been a plastic key keg.Have heard that they can sometimes explode.Quite dangerous if you are near one when it goes.The barman didn't say the beers on me and the walls and ceiling.

This Space For Hire

That will have been a plastic key keg.Have heard that they can sometimes explode.Quite dangerous if you are near one when it goes.The barman didn't say the beers on me and the walls and ceiling.
    The beer was indeed on him, the walls and ceiling but nevertheless at 10.40pm it was the most novel way of calling time that I'll ever experience, leaving the pub by the light of the mobile phone!

This Space For Hire

Got a pint of St Peters -plum porter for only £1.59 in Wetherspoons using a voucher.What could be disappointing about that.Sadly it tasted like medicine so left most of it .Flat as well.

Default Settle Carlisle Problems

I heard today that there has been a landslip on the Pennine line. I've 3 nights in Bradford booked for late October returning via Carlisle on this famous line. Luckily I don't have any rail tickets yet but have booked the Travelodge. Having to return via Leeds would make the whole break rather pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I heard today that there has been a landslip on the Pennine line. I've 3 nights in Bradford booked for late October returning via Carlisle on this famous line. Luckily I don't have any rail tickets yet but have booked the Travelodge.
    Presumably they're running a replacement bus service between Dent and Ribblehead? You get to see the viaduct better if you're not actually on the train. (This item by a seemingly barely literate journalist seems to suggest that the landslide is not very serious and the blockage only temporary. But then again, it could last for several weeks as it did last time this happened.)

Having to return via Leeds would make the whole break rather pointless.
    The alternative route back from Carlisle would be via Preston and Manchester, wouldn't it? Or via Newcastle and York? The Settle-Carlisle trains go to Leeds anyway, and you would change at Shipley for Bradford.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

I heard today that there has been a landslip on the Pennine line. I've 3 nights in Bradford booked for late October returning via Carlisle on this famous line. Luckily I don't have any rail tickets yet but have booked the Travelodge. Having to return via Leeds would make the whole break rather pointless.
    Fear not - it has already re-opened.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    The alternative route back from Carlisle would be via Preston and Manchester, wouldn't it? Or via Newcastle and York? The Settle-Carlisle trains go to Leeds anyway, and you would change at Shipley for Bradford.
    The plan is to travel to Carlisle on the Saturday and return to London after refreshments.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Fear not - it has already re-opened.
    Thanks, that's great news.