Ads not shown when logged in
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Disappointment of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    trainman enjoys a good game of darts,maybe one for him
    And me and we utilise the one in Victoria at regular intervals. And I can recommend them for a jolly hour or so of team arrow chucking fun.

You can rent an oche by the hour or half hour and the darts playing areas are well designed so that they are quite separate from each other and far away from the main bar serving area, so you don’t have to suffer the cocktail swilling city knob heads, sorry personalities, depicted in the video playing on the one next to you.

The computer systems are top notch with an extensive range of darts games to select from outside of the standard 301, 501 and killer, with all the scoring and team placing shown on a large screen above the board, also with the quirky feature of a camera system which provides replays of you throwing the winning arrow.

Six or eight of us usually go along for an hour and half and it works out a reasonably cheap session when there is that many of you. You have to factor in the beer prices on top though. Obviously no real ale in these establishments, but they do all have Beavertown on the taps and I can suffer a couple of pints of Neck Oil or Gamma Ray before moving on. And moving on you will because the negative is the price levels in the Flight club sting more than getting a dart in your foot.
    And that’s the benefit of the One in Victoria as there are several strong ale pubs a short distance.

So I can confirm that you don’t go to a Flight club just for a beer assuming their normal pubs, but for a group game of darts they are actually quite a good set up.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    And me and we utilise the one in Victoria at regular intervals. And I can recommend them for a jolly hour or so of team arrow chucking fun.

You can rent an oche by the hour or half hour and the darts playing areas are well designed so that they are quite separate from each other and far away from the main bar serving area, so you don’t have to suffer the cocktail swilling city knob heads, sorry personalities, depicted in the video playing on the one next to you.

The computer systems are top notch with an extensive range of darts games to select from outside of the standard 301, 501 and killer, with all the scoring and team placing shown on a large screen above the board, also with the quirky feature of a camera system which provides replays of you throwing the winning arrow.

Six or eight of us usually go along for an hour and half and it works out a reasonably cheap session when there is that many of you. You have to factor in the beer prices on top though. Obviously no real ale in these establishments, but they do all have Beavertown on the taps and I can suffer a couple of pints of Neck Oil or Gamma Ray before moving on. And moving on you will because the negative is the price levels in the Flight club sting more than getting a dart in your foot.
    And that’s the benefit of the One in Victoria as there are several strong ale pubs a short distance.

So I can confirm that you don’t go to a Flight club just for a beer assuming their normal pubs, but for a group game of darts they are actually quite a good set up.
    Yes. I did catch sight of my reflection in the mirror at the N1 branch on leaving and noted that I was sporting a slight smile, so for an hour of fun I'd give it a go, but as a place to drink - especially with the music levels - I think I'll stick to the Crown round the back and N1 in general has some very good pubs if you avoid Upper Street.

I'll stay on me own

Stay Puft - Amplified Imperial Marshmallow Stout. I didn't like the normal one, never liked anything by them, but £4.50/half of this at 13%ish seemed a good companion to my parmo. It wasn't. God help the bar staff at Hope and Union when the punters latch on to it tonight

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Stay Puft - Amplified Imperial Marshmallow Stout. I didn't like the normal one, never liked anything by them, but £4.50/half of this at 13%ish seemed a good companion to my parmo. It wasn't. God help the bar staff at Hope and Union when the punters latch on to it tonight
    Having done some research I realise Stay Puft is not the brewery but Tiny Rebel. Which I rate and visited in their first few weeks in Newport. What an amateur...

This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Having done some research I realise Stay Puft is not the brewery but Tiny Rebel. What an amateur...
    It's easy to be fooled by some of these modern pump clips. I had an imperial stout on keg at the Devonshire Cat this week, which was written up on their blackboard as Gift Boundary. Looking at the roundel on the font, it looked more like Boundary Gift to me, but it was incredibly dark so really it could have been almost anything. But indeed it is Gift imperial stout by Boundary brewery of Northern Ireland (I wonder how many customs forms they'll have to fill in after Brexit?).
    Come On You Hatters!