Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
trainman enjoys a good game of darts,maybe one for him
And me and we utilise the one in Victoria at regular intervals. And I can recommend them for a jolly hour or so of team arrow chucking fun.

You can rent an oche by the hour or half hour and the darts playing areas are well designed so that they are quite separate from each other and far away from the main bar serving area, so you don’t have to suffer the cocktail swilling city knob heads, sorry personalities, depicted in the video playing on the one next to you.

The computer systems are top notch with an extensive range of darts games to select from outside of the standard 301, 501 and killer, with all the scoring and team placing shown on a large screen above the board, also with the quirky feature of a camera system which provides replays of you throwing the winning arrow.

Six or eight of us usually go along for an hour and half and it works out a reasonably cheap session when there is that many of you. You have to factor in the beer prices on top though. Obviously no real ale in these establishments, but they do all have Beavertown on the taps and I can suffer a couple of pints of Neck Oil or Gamma Ray before moving on. And moving on you will because the negative is the price levels in the Flight club sting more than getting a dart in your foot.
And that’s the benefit of the One in Victoria as there are several strong ale pubs a short distance.

So I can confirm that you don’t go to a Flight club just for a beer assuming their normal pubs, but for a group game of darts they are actually quite a good set up.