Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointment of the week

Hybrid View

Default Disappointment of the week

My disappointment this week was arriving as planned to visit the Craft 100 beer festival at their Clapham outfit today at about 5.30, something I had been looking forward too all week, to be confronted by a 100 metre queue just to get in,decided to abort and go to plan B and make an overdue visit to the Priory Arms which as it turned out was another disappointment, (Review to follow soon).
    Anyone else had plans go wrong recently?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

On the subject of the Craft Beer Co, I was in their Islington outlet last week and of the eight pumps in use six were showcasing Tiny Rebel ales, and another two had on their house ale and a stout. Of the eight pumps not one had on a medium strength brown bitter (not everyone's cup of tea but I like them). Obviously only a minor disappointment compared to mobyduck's dispiriting Clapham experiences, but a bit niggling nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    On the subject of the Craft Beer Co, I was in their Islington outlet last week and of the eight pumps in use six were showcasing Tiny Rebel ales, and another two had on their house ale and a stout. Of the eight pumps not one had on a medium strength brown bitter (not everyone's cup of tea but I like them). Obviously only a minor disappointment compared to mobyduck's dispiriting Clapham experiences, but a bit niggling nonetheless.
    It is horses for courses but if your on the wrong end of it , it is very disappointing.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    Craft beer co fest had Weird Beard -boring brown beer 7.2 (maybe not quite what you were looking for) cheers john

In one of my local pubs I ordered a Kirkstall Three Swords and the barmaid scuttled off round the corner and came back with a pint. On tasting it I knew it wasn't Kirkstall and a quick look at the pumps showed Rudgate Jorvik Blonde on the pump next to the 3 Swords and that's what I'd got....in a Rudgate glass .....and I got charged for Kirkstall at three bob more.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

If a barmaid scuttles round the corner for a beer I like to scuttle round too to see what I am getting. Especially in a Wetherspoon's bar as I was told once "Sorry but it's alright, it's the same colour isn't it!!" Got it changed to what I wanted.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

My disappointment this week so far was waking up this morning only to realise it was no longer the weekend .
    -W.C.Fields

A big disappointment for me any day of any week is to go to a Spoons to find them selling Doom Bore and /or London Pride, always at inflated prices compared to the standard guests. If either or both are doubled up then it just makes me feel like head-butting the bar counter.

Outside the Spoons bubble it would be visiting a "free" house to find them only selling the above or other boring national dross like St Austell Tribute, Bombardier (plus any other Wells beers), Black Sheep Bitter or anything at all from the Cottage Brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Outside the Spoons bubble it would be visiting a "free" house to find them only selling the above or other boring national dross like St Austell Tribute, Bombardier (plus any other Wells beers), Black Sheep Bitter or anything at all from the Cottage Brewery.
    To be fair, a few years ago finding a Tribute on pump was still a pleasing experience and for a while it was on my fantasy bar line-up as I thought it was a lovely beer. Admittedly it's perhaps now too widespread and suffers as a result (as well as increased competition) but it still hits the spot when good in a way Bombardier never can.

Completely agree about Cottage though. And Archers, back in the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Completely agree about Cottage though. And Archers, back in the day...
    Did Archers really go so far downhill? I remember going to the Swindon Gluepot and another of their pubs back in the nineties. Cottage seem to be producing cheap and nasty beers for the pubcos. The whole point of their Norman Conquest beer was that it had an OG of 1066 and I enjoyed it then. Wychwood beers went the same way, Hobgoblin is another beer on my "hate" list!!!