Ads not shown when logged in
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Disappointment of the week

This Space For Hire

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Have to agree, at least on the beer front. Last visit, I guess shortly after the change of stewardship, had 4 or 5 beers on handpump, tried 3, all undrinkable, had to send them all back, and eventually got a refund and left. Won't be back.

This Space For Hire

Went down to my local to watch the Brentford game but thought fancy a pint of hophead for a change.Went to a Fullers pub on the river at Chiswick ice cold cask,thin hopless beer and £5.45 .

This Space For Hire

Brentford got battered.

I've mentioned this place a few times, Crown, probably in this thread, an old favourite but no longer.
    Went to pot when big Steve left (a different one Mick!) with the new guy reducing beers in favour of, say, huge guinness fonts and suchlike, and reducing custom from vibrant locals to.. errm, no-one. Then it closed.
    Now reopened, but I now hear that the bouncer (need for which speaks volumes) was punched out by a young guy Sat before last, followed by girls kicking off, hair dragging across floor etc, and windows reported as put through come Sunday morning.
    I don't think I'll be paying a visit anytime soon, despite staying nearby later this month.

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I've mentioned this place a few times, Crown, probably in this thread, an old favourite but no longer.
    Went to pot when big Steve left (a different one Mick!) with the new guy reducing beers in favour of, say, huge guinness fonts and suchlike, and reducing custom from vibrant locals to.. errm, no-one. Then it closed.
    Now reopened, but I now hear that the bouncer (need for which speaks volumes) was punched out by a young guy Sat before last, followed by girls kicking off, hair dragging across floor etc, and windows reported as put through come Sunday morning.
    I don't think I'll be paying a visit anytime soon, despite staying nearby later this month.
    I was there on Good Friday and it definitely had a bit of a rough edge in the bar, and the whole place was a bit of a mess. That said, the beer was surprisingly excellent.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Went down to my local to watch the Brentford game but thought fancy a pint of hophead for a change.Went to a Fullers pub on the river at Chiswick ice cold cask,thin hopless beer and £5.45 .
    Went to The Pembury Tavern last night - a half of Five Points Best for £2.15 and very nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    I was there on Good Friday and it definitely had a bit of a rough edge in the bar, and the whole place was a bit of a mess.
    The [Long] Good Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Brentford got battered.
    The Bees on their knees?
    Last edited by Tris39; 03-05-2022 at 19:24.

Went to pot when big Steve left (a different one Mick!)
    Thank christ for that, don't want any bad vibes attached to me.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Foiled by the owner of the Little r'Ale House, Wellingborough, deciding on Tues that he wouldn't be opening on Weds anymore, starting the following day, yesterday, when I was due to meet a mate there. Also meant that logistics of a return to the station from pub a mile away for relaxed drink pre-train would be fruitless.
    We moved on to Olde England which was also disappointing with only 3 beers (a little flat) instead of an expected 11 or so, they did half half a dozen ciders.
    But things improved greatly with a visit to the Little Ale House (yes, different from the first mentioned), which really was a quality micro with four good beers, very friendly stewardship, handful chatty clientele, one of the best if not the best of this genre I have been to, deffo potd and will be potw. Also lovely to listen to business being done with a local brewer coming in for a chat, telling them that week's brews etc, I love that! They were wondering if anyone would pay more than £4.80 per pint(!!) for an 11.5% Russian Imperial Stout, hahaha, wow, bless 'em!
    Btw, the Locomotive is open, or re-opened, but I think an admin has to make the correction on that? It sadly no longer has 11+ beers, or the train running around the bar canopy, but had a nice fire and local chatty vibe, bit of a stretch from other target pubs in town, and the station.

Btw, the Locomotive is open, or re-opened, but I think an admin has to make the correction on that?
    Admin or dwarves press the button but the peasants have to alert them , so thats what I've just done.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields