Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Photos without Permission

I'll stay on me own

Default Photos without Permission

I have never used Flicker,but was looking at some photos on there and they were all mine,used under the name Keryl Dyne photostream,my name is mentioned but it is on his flicker account.

All pictures are of pubs in Portsmouth and have the Pubs Galore logo on them,is he allowed to do this without me knowing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I have never used Flicker,but was looking at some photos on there and they were all mine,used under the name Keryl Dyne photostream,my name is mentioned but it is on his flicker account.

All pictures are of pubs in Portsmouth and have the Pubs Galore logo on them,is he allowed to do this without me knowing about it.
    No it's a clear breach of copyright someone should sue him, more trouble than it's worth probably. Welcome to the internet where everyone thinks everything is free!

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

It is a breach of copyright against PG (as it is their copy they are ripping-off).
    MILD:

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

This is common, it has & still is happening to some of mine.

From messages between myself / Dave / Conrad PUG is relaxed about it, the PuG logo is there & is free advert

Unless you have pots of money to sue for copyright breach you will have to live with it, as I do

FWIW a MP has also ripped off one of my [not pub] photos for use on his web site, but as it is for a good cause I can live with that as well

PS it is a her, check Facebook, no pub pics on there though
    Last edited by Farway; 09-03-2014 at 15:47.
    I drink to make others more interesting

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    This is common, it has & still is happening to some of mine.

From messages between myself / Dave / Conrad PUG is relaxed about it, the PuG logo is there & is free advert

Unless you have pots of money to sue for copyright breach you will have to live with it, as I do

FWIW a MP has also ripped off one of my [not pub] photos for use on his web site, but as it is for a good cause I can live with that as well

PS it is a her, check Facebook, no pub pics on there though
    Don't you give up copyright to PG when you upload? if so, it isn't your copyright they are taking
    MILD:

As far as I'm concerned all photos remain copyright of the photographer. By uploading to PG you grant us a license to use it as we wish while it is posted on the site.

We have had a national newspaper use a photo, of which the watermark had been cropped out. They did ask permission, but only after they'd posted it on their site. I replied to inform them of their breach of copyright and that the photographer would be informed. They ignored me, what can you do though?

With Flickr there may be a way of reporting photos or users? Might be worth looking into.

I'll stay on me own

Thanks for the replys,

It does bug me that my name appears on flicker which i have never or will never use,the person also uses information on each photo which has been taken from my review,ie ex Gales house now a Fullers house.

Could people like this take all of our photos for use on Flicker,it would then look like said person has taken loads of photos when they probably hav'nt ever seen the pubs concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    As far as I'm concerned all photos remain copyright of the photographer. By uploading to PG you grant us a license to use it as we wish while it is posted on the site.
    This was my understanding.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Another using photo from here

https://www.facebook.com/blackhorse.redditch.9

I see mine popping up round the internet:

eg

http://www.reading-irish-pub.co.uk/

Brains ripped a load of mine for their site a few years back. I had a go at them but they ignored me - they know full well that most people won't sue due to prohibitive time and costs, though the feckers could at least have given me a credit.

At least with the PUG ones the watermark means Dave gets a free advert