Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 21 Mar 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I'm going to have to pass this week as well. Actually had quite a few beers but none really qualifies as a beer of the week, wishing I had snuck a Doom Bar in then I could at least have nominated that.
    Well I did have the Doom Bar and it doesn't get my nomination this week. Definitely wasn't quite right.

I'll go with the Bristol Beer Factory Sunrise.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Oh I had forgotten that one. That was actually a creditable pint so thanks for reminding me!

So BOTW also goes to Sunrise.

And the worst bit of that story is that we only went and got that pint in as I was gagging for a drink, and of course I am the one who forgets it

I was just gonna stick me 'ead round the door again, but now I need a pint or two, on account of how complicated life has got. Nothing special in the BotW stakes for me either. It turned into a battle between Bishops Farewell and Directors. On reflection the Directors wins, two outstanding pints of a beer I've loved for years... Next day, the barrel had turned to soup..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    ..but the shing star of the week (and probably the year so far) has been Clark's Classic Blonde at the Flying Boat, Dartford. Top stuff.

Until I hit Wakefield last month I knew little of Clarks or their beers... If all their beers are as good as Classic Blonde, I wouldn't mind if they could move it back!
    Strikes me you've become rather smitten with Yorkshire beers after your visit to Wakey. Personally,I've always had a bit of a love-hate thing going on with Clark's beers. If you look at their website www.hbclark.co.uk/clarks-brewery.html they brew four core beers, twelve birthday beers and four seasonals, many of which are very indistinguishable and ho-hum. However, I do like Westgate Gold (and Classic Blonde, if it's well kept). Clark's own three pubs, of which the pick is The King's Arms at Heath: http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/57387/ Maybe one for next time?
    Last edited by aleandhearty; 25-03-2010 at 11:07.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Strikes me you've become rather smitten with Yorkshire beers after your visit to Wakey.
    It wasn't just the Wakey trip. Spurs drew Doncaster away in September and then we had a week's holiday in the Dales in December followed by Leeds / Wakefield last month. At this rate I'll be off to buy a whippet.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    It wasn't just the Wakey trip. Spurs drew Doncaster away in September and then we had a week's holiday in the Dales in December followed by Leeds / Wakefield last month. At this rate I'll be off to buy a whippet.
    Ah yes. I'd forgotten about Donny and The Dales (sounds like a fifties doo-wop group). Forgive my evangelistic zeal.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.