Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Here's the route for my birthday pub crawl.
    I'm all booked up for this crawl,it looks very well planned and an excellent choice of pubs.I arrive on the 11.47 and will depart on the 19.12 so whimping out on the latter stages of the crawl,if I was to try to hit all 13 pubs I doubt that I would make it to my 60th.

"Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I'm all booked up for this crawl,it looks very well planned and an excellent choice of pubs.I arrive on the 11.47 and will depart on the 19.12 so whimping out on the latter stages of the crawl,if I was to try to hit all 13 pubs I doubt that I would make it to my 60th.

Pleased to hear you can make it. And the crawl is specifically designed so that people can join in late or leave early without fear of being called wimps, so you are absolved.
    Come On You Hatters!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Sorely tempted, but Mon (& effectively Tues) may be beyond me in July.
    Anyone travelling from London can still grab £7 e/w on megatrain, but would have to take the 19:29 south. Tough to tear oneself away from the area the tour will be at that time of evening!

Default Celebrate Bastille Day

Only four days until Bastille Day and the Big Six-0. Please join my pub crawl on Monday 14th July and help to ease the pain. If you can't make it, please visit my JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/60thbirthdaypubcrawl instead.

PS Thanks to Mr Fastard who has already given.
    Come On You Hatters!

Sorry I wasn't able to join you all today, hope you all had a good day and you had a good birthday Will.

I've just seen on Twitter that there is a bomb scare pretty much right next to the pubs you are currently supposed to be in. Hope it doesn't cause you any issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Sorry I wasn't able to join you all today, hope you all had a good day and you had a good birthday Will.

I've just seen on Twitter that there is a bomb scare pretty much right next to the pubs you are currently supposed to be in. Hope it doesn't cause you any issues!
    We had an excellent day, thanks. The police closed off quite a large area which included Shakespeares, so we had to stay a bit longer in the Kelham Island Tavern, which was no great hardship.

It was great to have the company of Real Ale Ray and Fiona, and Bucking Fastard, who were all waiting for me in the first pub of the day. We added The Grapes to the itinerary on the spur of the moment, because Ray and Fiona were interested in the JFK room there, which would have meant a total of 14 pubs. I'm afraid I was rather sozzled by the time we got to the 12th pub, and gave the last two a miss.
    Come On You Hatters!

120% well done
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    We had an excellent day, thanks. The police closed off quite a large area which included Shakespeares, so we had to stay a bit longer in the Kelham Island Tavern, which was no great hardship.

It was great to have the company of Real Ale Ray and Fiona, and Bucking Fastard, who were all waiting for me in the first pub of the day. We added The Grapes to the itinerary on the spur of the moment, because Ray and Fiona were interested in the JFK room there, which would have meant a total of 14 pubs. I'm afraid I was rather sozzled by the time we got to the 12th pub, and gave the last two a miss.
    Had an excellent day Will and enjoyed your choice of refreshment shops, was also good to meet your pals, Kat being No.1 of course as she is great fun!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

An all round great day,starting with the weather plus a well organised crawl around some very interesting pubs with fine ale.Always good to drink with a decent bunch of imbibers just a shame I couldn't stay to complete the course.

Sheffield is worthy of a large scale PuG meet up some day but that's a topic for another thread
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Sheffield is worthy of a large scale PuG meet up some day but that's a topic for another thread
    ...over two days, perhaps? Or is that being greedy?
    Come On You Hatters!