Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: A little problem with Report A Review

Default A little problem with Report A Review

I know I have mentioned this in the past somewhere, but when a report has been dealt with I think the post should be deleted along with it. To use the most recent example here Which happens to be Rob Camras (this isn't a pop at you Rob or anyone else,just the current system, there are lots more examples).By the time I have seen this post it has obviously been dealt with ,the post remains,being a regular user of the site I understand what has happened here, to the casual or new user I think it could lead to a bad impression of the site and possibly reflect on the remaining true reviewers, in this case Aqualung and Rex Rattus. Maybe I am doing a disservice to casual and new users intelligence, and maybe I am being over sensitive on the matter, I just feel apart from the above concern's the remaining posts are dead space.Has anyone got any views on the matter.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I too have found it off putting to hit a thread about a review and gone to see what it was about only to find it is not there.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I know I have mentioned this in the past somewhere, but when a report has been dealt with I think the post should be deleted along with it. To use the most recent example here Which happens to be Rob Camras (this isn't a pop at you Rob or anyone else,just the current system, there are lots more examples).By the time I have seen this post it has obviously been dealt with ,the post remains,being a regular user of the site I understand what has happened here, to the casual or new user I think it could lead to a bad impression of the site and possibly reflect on the remaining true reviewers, in this case Aqualung and Rex Rattus. Maybe I am doing a disservice to casual and new users intelligence, and maybe I am being over sensitive on the matter, I just feel apart from the above concern's the remaining posts are dead space.Has anyone got any views on the matter.
    We all have the facility to edit our own posts, so I've amended mine to show it's been dealt with.

Is that a better way?
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    We all have the facility to edit our own posts, so I've amended mine to show it's been dealt with.

Is that a better way?
    Yes, thanks Rob, a good solution.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields