Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drink nicknames

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Reminds me of a friend of ours round here who seems to take great relish in ordering Butt Comb (Butcombe), oddly the relish gets greater as the night goes on. Never heard anyone else use that one though.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

How about "cooking" which was not brewer related but was just the cheapest bitter in any pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    How about "cooking" which was not brewer related but was just the cheapest bitter in any pub.
    Similar idea round our way. A pint of sluch was the cheapest beer. I still hear it occasionally in our JDW when one of the older clientle orders a JS smooth.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

In the Station in Oakengates last night , there are 3 chalkboards one has beers due on , one has whats on now the other normally has tasting notes for the beer of the week plus some sarcastic note aimed at the regulars , but last night it read
    Back by popular Demand
    Ansells Mild £2
    Manns £1.30
    Black & Tan £2.50
    Bitter & Mild £2.30
    Mixed £2.05
    Light & Bitter £2.10

Looks like the old drinks are making a comeback
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

An old mate of mine used to drink a bottled Guinness with a coke in it. I found it used to be a good reviver in a two session day, before all day opening. Funnily enough it didn,t taste bad. Don,t think it had a name.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Some, alright then, many, years ago I was doing a stint behind the bar when a student. This guy walks up and asks for a glass of "mud". I had no idea what he meant, so asking him, he explained, Coke and milk. I thought he was either taking the P or mad, but he insisted. It looked terrible, but he drank it.

This Space For Hire

I remember someone who liked that, sometime around the end of the 70s. He called it a 'brown cow'

My old barman has half pepsi half fresh orange juice in the morning after a night out. Swears by it, but I'm not going to try it

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    My old barman has half pepsi half fresh orange juice in the morning after a night out. Swears by it, but I'm not going to try it
    I think that is the one I have been trying to remember, a couple of the lasses on my A-Levels used to drink it and I have been desperately trying to remember the name, best I have come up with so far is Thames Mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    I can understand the orange juice as it helps to boost the vitamin C level that the alcohol depletes . What the Pepsi would do don't bare thinking about.