Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
Britannia - this is a bank!!!
Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
Further to Quinno's post Britannia I've stumbled on another. New Britannia If OP isn't going to include what these were prior to possibly being Building Societies then can these be deleted? I am on Banks Galore aren't I?
Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
This is the problem with people that stick a load of defunct pubs on and say NOTHING in the comments to give it context. Mr Mason is very good at this.

The Britannia was a pub, in the 1870s, on the High St of Maidenhead (and i assume on that spot, it looks like it is from the historic mapping) - ironically, it is now a Britannia BS, and that is where the confusion lies.

It is irritating and lazy that people can't be bothered to say a basic comment to let everyone know.
I've copied the above from a couple of different parts of a forum in which conversation is barred, so that we can have a proper chat about:

1) Defunct pubs being added without any notes about when they were pubs and what happened to them,

2) Photos of places where there used to be a pub but there's now a block of flats or a bank,

3) Anything else, related or not.

Cheers