Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message for Andy Ven

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Default Message for Andy Ven

Next time you go out, let me know - i think i have followed you around Cannock today taking pics!
    MILD:

That has been amusing me as I was approving the photos.

I didn't realise what was going on initially then paid a lot more attention when I got to The Barns as a couple of the photos seemed to look very different to the others.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Cannock must have thought the Drug Squad was out in force today
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Ha ha! I thought I'd fill in the photo gaps around Cannock, Lichfield etc and then as I was uploading I noticed that we'd been criss-crossing each other.

I kicked myself when I saw that I'd got my camera on the wrong setting for some of my photos which is why they looked dusky - I couldn't see it at the time because of the bright light

At least you got to try some beer!

I'm not planning any more big photo updates in the near future but ideas for pub crawls are always welcome. I live in Pelsall but work in Brum, where are you?

Just up in Cheslyn - yep, got a few reviews to write up, and aiming to do all of the Cannock pubs next (and sub-areas) then looking at Rugeley
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Just up in Cheslyn - yep, got a few reviews to write up, and aiming to do all of the Cannock pubs next (and sub-areas) then looking at Rugeley
    Hi soupy!

I am bit suprised that you didnt comment on my cannock pub crawl that I did made three weeks ago despite it is in your neck of the woods.

So what do you think then

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Hi soupy!

I am bit suprised that you didnt comment on my cannock pub crawl that I did made three weeks ago despite it is in your neck of the woods.

So what do you think then

Hoppy
    Hi Hoppy - i have been really busy, which i why i am not on the forums so much at the moment and just doing the reviews. I did notice it, but to be honest, i wouldn't really bother with Cannock, other than the Fern and the Roebuck (out of town is the Shoal Hill, which is a good Thwaites pub). I know you and Danny, who comments as well, like the Spoons - i don't! i am covering the Cannock area now, but i see it more of a punishment than a joy in general, thank God i am off to Warick next week for a few days rest and rating
    MILD:

Default Warwick

Interesting. My mate lives in Warwick and gave me some pointers a few weeks back for places to visit.

His comments were as follows:
    Old Bowling Green - nice pub, Bombardier and Eagle, usually 1 guest
    Roebuck - Supposedly Warwick's oldest pub, nice enough with real ale but the beer has been known to be a bit ropey
    The Oak - about 5 real ales in good nick. Unusual pub with darts and pool. Don't sit on the bar stools.
    Millwright - nice looking Tudor pub. Number of real ales range between one and five, usually in good nick
    Lloyds No. 1 - you know what to expect
    Tilted Wig - nice enough. Local real ale and one or two others
    Zetland - good pub. Black sheep, Pedigree, Abbot
    Lord Leycester Hotel - at least one real ale
    Warwick Arms - another hotel with real ale
    The Four Penny Shop Hotel - very good real ales. Next to the race course. Quiet and friendly (not so quiet when there is a race meeting on)
    Forester's - also near to the race course but not as good as the Four Penny Shop
    Punch Bowl - OK but the real ale (Barnsley Bitter) is cheap but not the best
    Crown and Castle - swerve it (or have your exit strategy pre-planned)

I'd be interested to hear your opinion on these

Andy

Will do, Andy - got 3 days down there doing Leamington & Warwick - i am looking to do more of Warwick, so i am sure many a pub will be visited - i then have a 4 day trip with the wife somewhere - clean suggestions welcomed!
    MILD:

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

My Mrs loves Oxford , lots of history , shops and loads of good pubs and its pretty compact for wandering around , oh and the bus service is fantastic if you stay on the outskirts
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !