Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Sliders

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Default Sliders

I have seen this item listed on a few pub menus now, and I see BF refers to them in a recent review of Slaughtered Lamb. I have absolutely no idea what they are, perhaps I've led a sheltered life in culinary terms, but would someone be kind enough to enlighten me before the sleepless night stage kicks in?
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I have seen this item listed on a few pub menus now, and I see BF refers to them in a recent review of Slaughtered Lamb. I have absolutely no idea what they are, perhaps I've led a sheltered life in culinary terms, but would someone be kind enough to enlighten me before the sleepless night stage kicks in?
    I just spotted them on a menu and stuck it in the review.I dont often eat in pubs ,so like you have no idea exactly what's going on here.The font of all knowledge wikipedia talks about a small sandwich,it sounds like something from our American cousins.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I think they are a mini-burger?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Very common in the USA & Canada, if you order sliders you normally get 3 or 4 mini burgers, usually steak, but sometimes chicken or ham.

Sometimes they are identical, but much of the time they have different sauces or relishes on them.

Best ones we've ever had were in a riverside bar in Spokane, mind you the ones we had in Calgary were good as well and as for the ones in Edmonton.....

Well I've had quite a few come to think about it.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

This is related to Pub Annoyance #805 - #806 Aggravating US Usage On Pub Menus ?