Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do admin need some assistance?

This Space For Hire

Default Do admin need some assistance?

Not wishing in anyway to step on any toes but given the ratio of intrepid forum members looking to update and inform about pubs in their local where errors occur do admin fall behind in responding to the "That doesn't go there forum". Could certain members who know/show a passion better respond to map movements and name change threads if given additional rights? I note that no real updates have existed in nearly 2 months to changes/suggestions.

I suggested something similar when I saw Dave on the Black Country bus crawl last autumn. I said I'd be happy to take on such tasks as he and Conrad felt able to delegate, and that I was sure there were other trustworthy members who would likewise volunteer. He said they were fine as things were. However, as you point out, one of the strengths of this site is the many corrections submitted by members, and these are now in quite a bit of a log jam. Perhaps Dave and Conrad will be having further thoughts on engaging members to help?
    Come On You Hatters!

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I have no idea of their personal circumstances but suspect things have slipped. I am still unable to get back onto reviewing / photo additions as password does not work,& e-mail requests not replied to

I can only assume other items in their lives have higher priority at the moment than PuG
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I recommended a new one last week, and got my e-mail today to show accepted. Don't think that was slipping at all. I can't see any problems. So much better than the old site where I had to keep a record of my recommendations for months and keep checking for them to be entered.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    I recommended a new one last week, and got my e-mail today to show accepted. Don't think that was slipping at all. I can't see any problems. So much better than the old site where I had to keep a record of my recommendations for months and keep checking for them to be entered.
    think reference is to that doesn't go there thread http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/forum...esn-t-Go-There! and map point changes
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    There was a little bit of backlog building up but I think we have been spoilt previously by how quickly things got done. As has been mentioned before, the site isn't their main preoccupation these days so we have to expect the odd period of drought when circumstances crop up. But overall I think we do pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Not wishing in anyway to step on any toes but given the ratio of intrepid forum members looking to update and inform about pubs in their local where errors occur do admin fall behind in responding to the "That doesn't go there forum". Could certain members who know/show a passion better respond to map movements and name change threads if given additional rights? I note that no real updates have existed in nearly 2 months to changes/suggestions.
    As this section falls behind, perhaps we could cut down on minor changes, like adding or removing the definate article or anything else that doesn't affect the basic information.
    What do you think?

Dave has done a major catch-up today.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Dave has done a major catch-up today.
    Very impressive! I guess that answers the question....
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Apologies for bumping this but I've noticed that some updates are slipping. I marked a pub in Stroud Bisley House open over a month ago (pictures approved) yet still shows up in my awaiting updates every time I get a forum email. Not sure if some areas get neglected updates as a pub I shut in Wiltshire was closed fairly swiftly when pictures, map points etc got approved.