Visit the a swift one site

Firstly may I apologise for not blogging recently due to a fault with my internet connection, which is now, hopefully, corrected and I am back in the cybersphere (if thats a word !)

Whilst I was away I came across the first of the Ossett brewery 'World Cup Of Hops' beers. And pretty decent it was too.

Let me explain. This year to celebrate the Football World Cup, Paul Spencer, the Ossett head brewer has decided to produce a range of beers, using the same background pale malt base, and the same strength. All are 4% but each month a new beer will appear utilising a different hop, each one coming from a country playing in the finals.

So we can await Junga from Poland, Aramis from France, and Amethyst from the Czech Republic, amongst a collection of nine different beers. The first one up, was the fairly new Australian hop Galaxy. It was a very drinkable beer, as I said, light coloured with a subtle malt background to showcase the bitterness of Galaxy, and bring out its fruitiness, with hints of passionfruit.

The beers will be widely available, throughout the brewery's wide estate, and I have also come across Galaxy in the free trade. Just as an aside, is the choice of Endeavour a tongue in cheek choice of hop for England, especially since it is listed for November - at least four months after the event finishes !!

More...