Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hello to all

Welcome to the new members! Always nice to see new faces on here and hopefully at one of our crawls sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Good to see another defector!
    This prompted me to have a nose at BITE and noticed that some new pubs had been added, but there is some odd stuff going on such as this and this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    This prompted me to have a nose at BITE and noticed that some new pubs had been added, but there is some odd stuff going on such as this and this.
    Facepalm. They may as well turn the damned thing off and put it out of its misery.

Facepalm. They may as well turn the damned thing off and put it out of its misery.
    I'm sorry but the last two posts don't make any sense to me at all. Can someone enlighten me please?
    It may be a long drawn out task!!
    I did notice that Brewdog in Shoreditch is listed. Isn't that a recent pub?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'm sorry but the last two posts don't make any sense to me at all. Can someone enlighten me please?
    Or me
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Welcome to the new members! Always nice to see new faces on here and hopefully at one of our crawls sometime!

I did notice that Brewdog in Shoreditch is listed. Isn't that a recent pub?
    They still haven't added the Holborn Whippet, I asked them to in Oct 2012.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Spritzer Swallower

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    More good news. I too remember your name from the other side. Welcome to the site. I bet those first two pints next month won't even touch the sides! Have you found anything out there worth drinking? Seems to be Xirdalan, Novxani, NZS and not much else.
    Apart from those mentioned above, Turkish Efes is ubiquitous here. Cold fizzy rubbish, I've quite had my fill of it, and the others are no different.
    Slightly better is Baltika from St. Petersburg. They do a range of beers according to strength, with Baltika 9 the strongest. It's a pretty dark beer and is drinkable, if a little cold, but at 9% no good for a session.
    Fortunately, there are a couple of expat bars with imported Fullers and St. Peter's bottles, although they're not cheap, about 4-5 pounds a pop.They serve them directly from the fridge as well, killing the taste. I tend to ask for the display bottle as a result. There's usually quite a range from Fullers.

I'm heading back via Istanbul, hoping to visit a real ale bar there run by an expat, the Bosphorous Brewing Company. Anyone been there?

In short, they've added the same pubs multiple times. Each with a unique ID. Basic database fail.

In short, they've added the same pubs multiple times. Each with a unique ID. Basic database fail.
    Thanks, I see what you are getting at now.

Spritzer Swallower

Thanks to all for replays. When I posted last week I didn't really know what response to expect. Love the way this thread & other threads I've viewed have gone off on different tangents. Day in Worcester sounds good, its Mrs Boots birthday the following day so might have to juggle things a touch. Cheers & good health to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    They still haven't added the Holborn Whippet, I asked them to in Oct 2012.
    They seem to be adding a handful every day at the moment from what I can see. I've a suspicion the site may be under new ownership and they have possibly discarded the backlog but are keeping up with new submissions.

Try adding it again, they may do it now.