Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Randomise New Pub Game

This Space For Hire

Default Randomise New Pub Game

Just wondering if anybody else plays the Randomise New Pub Game on http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/ the home page.

General rules are see how many button pushes till you get to a pub you've visited, a picture of you've taken or a review you've written

Got a feeling it could just be me.

Some of you will be better than other from when I play it and see the same names cropping up.

If it starts on you it doesn't count.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 16-01-2014 at 20:29.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Just wondering if anybody else plays the Randomise New Pub Game on http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/ the home page.

General rules are see how many button pushes till you get to a pub you've visited, a picture of you've taken or a review you've written

Got a feeling it could just be me.

Some of you will be better than other from when I play it and see the same names cropping up.

If it starts on you it doesn't count.
    I'm one of the saddos that has done this plenty of times!! I think you'll find that Quantum Mechanics proved that Randomness is an incorrect theory dreamed up by some random bloke in the past. There is a postulation called the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle that illustrates this but I was never sure about it.

If that's a bit highbrow just follow what happens on Deal or No Deal over a period of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I think you'll find that Quantum Mechanics proved that Randomness is an incorrect theory dreamed up by some random bloke in the past.
    ...and this is even less random than that, as there are (unstated) selection criteria. For one thing, no closed pubs come up (just as well). For another, I think the pubs are selected from those with a recent review. I haven't tested this theory, but it's my impression that pubs with reviews up to a month old are the only ones available in this feature.

Here's a new game - how many times do you have to press the randomise button in order to disprove my theory?
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

I too have thought there is a link to recent activity especially as I've never seen a pub selected in Dungeness.

SH you feature quite a bit so take the points.

SH you feature quite a bit so take the points.
    This fits in with my theory, because I wrote about a dozen reviews on 13th January.
    Come On You Hatters!

Yes I partake in this pastime on a fairly regular basis, but rather than count the button presses for my next photo I tend to see how many consecutive photos I can achieve.My best score to date is 4.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    This fits in with my theory, because I wrote about a dozen reviews on 13th January.
    Agree Blackthorn has been featuring a lot too, so much so that I saw a pub review in Milton Keynes pop up and it didn't fit on the screen, I knew whose name was going to be at the bottom when I scrolled down.

Regardless of it's imperfections it's still nice to see the architecture of pubs around the country whether hideous or delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    ...and this is even less random than that, as there are (unstated) selection criteria. For one thing, no closed pubs come up (just as well). For another, I think the pubs are selected from those with a recent review. I haven't tested this theory, but it's my impression that pubs with reviews up to a month old are the only ones available in this feature.

Here's a new game - how many times do you have to press the randomise button in order to disprove my theory?
    Putting Quantum Mechanics aside, you're correct about closed pubs and recent reviews. I think it's more than a month for the age of the review and is more likely to be a certain number of days (probably a random number but according to ...............).
    Here's another hilarious game, how many times do you have to press the button before the same pub appears consecutively?

I too have thought there is a link to recent activity especially as I've never seen a pub selected in Dungeness.
    Cue for me to slip down to the Point and visit The Britannia or The Pilot!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I'll stay on me own

Agree Blackthorn has been featuring a lot too, so much so that I saw a pub review in Milton Keynes pop up and it didn't fit on the screen, I knew whose name was going to be at the bottom when I scrolled down.
    Not sure if that's a good thing or not! I do tend to ramble on a bit.