Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Google Streetview *NEW VERSION*

  1. #11
    Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Horndean, Hants
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Nice one Conrad, the Starship Enterprise was hovering over the main A3 near me, now warped off into hyperspace by Google or else I would have posted link

  2. #12
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

  3. #13
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Beautiful spot by Dave this.

    We have a report that The Meyrick Arms has changed its name to The Peacock, so Dave decided to check it on Streetview (not reliable, but can help).

    So: Google Streetview

    Once you have the streetview up, click on the road to move towards the pub .

  4. #14
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Beautiful spot by Dave this.

    We have a report that The Meyrick Arms has changed its name to The Peacock, so Dave decided to check it on Streetview (not reliable, but can help).

    So: Google Streetview

    Once you have the streetview up, click on the road to move towards the pub .
    Friggin Awesome!

    It's like David Copperfield do the magic.. Good spot Dave!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

  5. #15

    Default

    Check out the Nags Head,Russell St,Reading. One of the landlords Ted can be seen doing his morning dog end sweep up!

  6. #16
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Friggin Awesome!

    It's like David Copperfield do the magic.. Good spot Dave!
    Maybe its a wormhole and we're drifting between parallel universes.

  7. #17
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Just watch out, if everyone has small goaties then you are in the evil version of the universe.

  8. #18
    In Search of Ebriety Millay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Fast workers in Wales

    Those Welsh builders don't hang about. Look at this image from Google Streetview and note the scaffolding on the building on the left. Then advance up Queens St and see what happens.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

  9. #19
    Real Ale Drinker Crossste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Those Welsh builders don't hang about. Look at this image from Google Streetview and note the scaffolding on the building on the left. Then advance up Queens St and see what happens.
    Sorry mate. Can you spell it out for me.

    Gone past the George and Rita,s Cafe up to W. Parade don,t know what i am missing.
    From the home of the kebab of doom

  10. #20
    In Search of Ebriety Millay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossste View Post
    Sorry mate. Can you spell it out for me.

    Gone past the George and Rita,s Cafe up to W. Parade don,t know what i am missing.
    You don't need to go that far. In the first image the building on the left is covered in scaffolding. Take a single step up Queens St and magically it has all disappeared.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Similar Threads

  1. Streetview
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-03-2010, 21:11
  2. Google Wave
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-10-2009, 17:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •